Book 1: "Welcome to Republic City"

(A/N): Hello there and welcome to my second book. I know grammar wise it might not look like my second book, and that's because I wrote the entire first season of the legend of Korra over a year ago.

My first priority will always be the Young Justice book as I'm committed to finishing it. I am just posting this because I want to give you guys something to read while I'm busy with midterms next week.

This book starts off slow as I honestly had no idea what I was doing but I like how it turned out.

I hope you enjoy and I appreciate any and all support.

-MattFromWii

———————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

Korra and Koza have spent their entire lives at the South Pole in a White Lotus training facility. Korra is currently training in firebending and Koza is working on mastering his shadowbending. The two are fighting six firebending members of the White Lotus and are wearing protective gear so they don't get injured. 

Korra flips over Koza and lands behind him. The two are back to back, Korra sending out waves of fire and Koza waves of shadows. The fight is watched over carefully by the Grandmasters of the White Lotus and Katara, all but Katara judge the fights harshly.

Korra sends a powerful blast of fire knocking two of their opponents down. Koza executes a move similar to the water whip but with shadows and knocks another opponent down for the fight. The remaining three firebenders attack, Korra jumps in the air and absorbs the largest fire blast with her own firebending and disperses the fire. Koza creates a massive shadow wall that absorbs the smaller fire blast on impact. He splits the wall in two and sends it flying at the firebender. The shadows hit the firebender's chest and legs while travelling opposite directions. On impact the firebender was flipped midair before crashing down to the ground.

The Grand Masters watch in disapproval as Korra and Koza tear through the remaining firebenders.

Katara: "They sure are strong."

Grand Master: "Korra lacks restraint, Koza lacks spiritual balance, he can easily become overwhelmed and lose control of his shadowbending."

Katara: "Then Tenzin is perfect for both of them."

Korra sends a powerful fire blast at one of the remaining opponents and Koza a beam of shadows at the other. Both firebenders were knocked back and crashed into a pile of snow just off the training field.

Korra: "WHOO-HOO! We did it!"

Korra lightly punched Koza in the shoulder as the two ran up to the steps before the Grand Masters and Katara. They each take off their helmets, Koza bows before the Grand Masters as Korra jumps in celebration.

Korra: "Hey, why all the doom and gloom, people? We should be celebrating! Three elements down, one to go."

Fire Nation General: "You're getting ahead of yourself as usual, Korra. We haven't decided if you passed your firebending test yet."

Grand Master: "Ever since you were a little girl, you've excelled at the physical side of bending but completely ignored the spiritual side. The Avatar must master both."

Korra's excitement disappeared instantly, she sighed in defeat and lowered her head

Korra: "I haven't ignored it. It just doesn't come as easy to me. But that's why I should start training with Tenzin immediately, he's Mr. Spiritual."

Grand Master: "Do you believe they are ready Master Katara?"

Katara: "Yes, if anyone can help Korra and Koza, it's Tenzin."