Book 2: "A Vision Through the Flames"

(A/N): Hello there! I just wanted to get this chapter posted and let you all know that I'll be incredibly busy heading back to school so I won't have much free time to write.

This chapter was largely unedited so if you find any mistakes just comment on it and I'll do my best to go through and fix it.

I appreciate any and all comments and thanks for your continued support!

-MattFromWii

—————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

Mako was pacing around his now crowded apartment. Bolin had stuffed several unnecessary luxury items inside, ranging from a hot tub to a ridiculous marble statue of himself.

The firebender knew something was wrong and he had a terrible feeling something bad was about to happen.

He spent several days in the hospital, recovering from his injuries and had to listen to Lin rip him apart for being irresponsible and acting like a child.

Despite the police chief's fury, she refrained from suspending him. Despite her efforts Mako could tell she was worried about Koza, who was still missing.

His mind was racing as he listed off the people in Republic City who would benefit by Future Industries collapsing. Sure the list was long, but the majority of the people wouldn't have the resources to rob several shipments of weapons or the will to do it.

Then it clicked. It was as if his mind suddenly spotted the obvious fact in front of him the entire time. The single obvious benefactor. The richest man in the city who would stand to make even more money if Asami's company went under. Varrick.

——————————————————————

Asami walked down the hallway towards Varrick's office. She was desperate and hadn't slept for days. Worrying about Koza, her company and caring for Maska had robbed her of what little sleep she was able to get on a good night.

She gently pushed open the door to find Varrick sitting across from his desk smiling almost sinisterly at her. She shivered before stepping into his office.

Varrick: "I heard what happened with Koza, I'm so sorry."

Asami: "It's okay, we'll find him. We always do."

Varrick: "I'm sure you're right. But right now we need to stop your company from going under."

The businesswoman nodded her head and walked into the further room, closing the door behind her before taking a seat across from Varrick.

Asami: "I'm out of options, I don't know what to do."

Varrick: "It's simple. You've got so much on your plate, you can't possibly hope to run a successful company and deal with all the issues you have right now. Sell a controlling interest of Future Industries to me and I'll manage the company while you get your personal life sorted out. Once you're ready I'll hire you as director of Future Industries. This way you'll stay associated with your family's business and can help it grow under the ownership of a trusted friend."

Varrick gently pushed a pile of documents towards Asami. The raven haired woman slowly looked them over, a terrible feeling overtook her as she flipped through the pages.

Varrick: "Everything's in order, all you need to do is sign."

Asami: "I-I don't know, I should probably sleep on it. I don't want to make a mistake. Why don't we talk about this tomorrow?"

Varrick: "Asami, not singing it is a mistake, you wouldn't want anything to happen to you or your company, would you?"

Asami: "W-what?"