Book 1: "Aftermath Part 2"

3rd Person POV:

Korra and Naga finally arrived at Republic City, Korra let out a sigh of relief knowing she was almost at the Police Station. She'd been hoping that Tenzin was still there and she could speak to both him and Lin. She knew Hiroshi Sato was up to something, she just didn't know what.

Korra pushed Naga to go faster when she saw the police headquarters appear in the distance. Racing past the giant statue of Lin's mother, Toph, she jumped off Naga and crashed through the main doors.

Korra sprinted through the lobby leaving a few stunned police officers and civilians in her wake. Korra knew they'd be on the roof, communicating with the various police airships in an effort to combat the Equalist, various triads and every other criminal group that lingered in the city.

Korra arrived at the door leading to the roof and almost broke it off its hinges when she crashed through it. She used her firebending and shot herself up the stairs at an incredible speed, she smashed into the final door, knocking it open and stumbling out onto the roof.

Lin and Tenzin noticed her instantly.

Tenzin: "Korra? What are you doing here? I thought you were going to see Hiroshi Sato."

Korra was exhausted and stammered out her news in between breaths.

Korra: "I was... listen. We... we have a huge problem."

In the main dining hall of the Sato mansion, Asami, Hiroshi and Koza were in the middle of dinner. The three were sharing embarrassing stories of their youth.

After dinner Koza helped clean up the table and the three quickly washed their dishes.

Asami: "I'll set up the record player."

Asami walked out of the kitchen with a hop in her step. Koza watched her walk out and found his eyes drifting to her swaying hips. He quickly snapped his gaze back to the dish in his hand and pretended as if nothing happened.

Hiroshi: "So, you told me about your trip to the spirit world, but how was your trip up the mountain."

Koza froze, his face became red and he tried to start cleaning the dish again but Hiroshi wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily.

Hiroshi: "I saw you two riding up the mountain from my office window."

Koza: "Well... it was fun. We talked, watched the sun set a-and I taught her how to ride Maska."

Hiroshi: "Her and her mother used to love animals..."

Koza: "Asami told me what happened, I'm so sorry."

Hiroshi froze, deep in thought. He gently placed the dish he was holding down and sighed.

Hiroshi: "It was a long time ago. I've missed her so much."

Hiroshi grabbed a towel and dried his hands before walking away. Koza hung his head low, he felt terrible for digging up painful memories for his friend. He'd only had the pleasure of knowing Hiroshi for a few months but he had come to care for him almost as much as Asami.

————————————————————————

Back at the Police Station, Lin and Tenzin were shocked by Korra's story. Partly because neither of them saw it coming and because it was crazy.

Tenzin: "You think Hiroshi Sato manufactured those gloves for the Equalist, then framed Cabbage Corp?"

Lin: "That's a bold accusation. What proof do you have?"

Korra: "Well I don't exactly have any, but I know what I heard. Hiroshi is hiding something, we have to talk to him and get Koza out of there!"

Tenzin: "Koza can handle himself, and Maska is with him. You have nothing to worry about."