Book 2: "The Night of a Thousand Stars"

(A/N): Hello there and welcome back!

I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's largely unedited so if you find any spelling mistakes please let me know and I'll fix them as soon as possible. I just wanted to get this chapter uploaded before my school really kicks into gear as I believe I won't have nearly as much free time as I do now.

Thanks again for your support, I appreciate it and it means the world to me. Yours truly,

-MattFromWii

—————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

Korra and Jinora were separated almost instantly. A bad encounter with dozens of spirit animals left Korra thrown into a dark and depressing forest while Jinora continued on her journey.

The young airbender hoped to reunite with the Avatar at the portal and prayed Korra would be planning the same thing, the only problem was she had no idea how to get to the portal from wherever she was.

She eventually found a winding path through the forest, staying on it in hopes she'd find someone or something that could help her.

As Jinora made her way through the forest, she came across a massive building that was upside down. The place looked like a massive palace with overgrown plants clinging to large sections of the structure. The airbenders face lit up with hope as she recognized the building.

She raced towards the library, hoping that Wan Shi Tong would be able to help her find the spirit portal or reunite with Korra.

——————————————————————

The door to Mako's cell slid open and the firebender sat up on his bed.

Officer: "You have a visitor."

Before Mako could respond, Bolin walked in. The earthbender was dressed in an expensive suit made up of traditional earth kingdom colors. The suit looked like it cost a small fortune.

Mako: "Bolin? What's with the fancy duds?"

Bolin: "I'm on my way to the big finale of Nuktuk: Hero of the South!"

The earthbender struck several poses for a few seconds as Mako raised an eyebrow at his brother.

Bolin: "Yeah, everyone's going to be there, except for, you know, you... because you're in jail and stuff."

Mako: "Thanks for the reminder. Wait... everyone? Has Asami been found yet?!"

Bolin: "Oh yeah she's fine. She showed up back in the city a few days ago and has been working ever since. Apparently she had to visit a testing facility up in the northern provinces."

Mako: "Have you talked to her? Has Beifong?"

Bolin: "No, not exactly, Varrick says she's super busy. But I'm supposed to see her at the finale tonight."

Mako: "Bolin, Varrick isn't who he seems. He's responsible for Koza's disappearance and he's been using gangsters to pose as Northern soldiers so the United Republic will join the war. He probably has Asami being guarded by his men so it looks like everything's normal."

Bolin: "Ah I see you're going with the insanity defense, smart."

The firebender groaned in annoyance as Bolin backed up towards the door.

Bolin: "Okay, gotta run, but I'll be back tomorrow and I'm going to get you the best attorney dame and fortune can buy."

Mako: "Bolin, wait. If I'm right about Varrick, something might go down at the premiere tonight. Promise me you'll keep an eye out."