Book 2: "The Rebel Spirit"

(A/N): Hello there.

Welcome to book 2. I know I originally said I'd be focusing on my YJ book for the time being, but I suffered a little bit of writers block with that story and thought focusing on this story of a bit would help me overcome it. So I give you the first chapter in book 2.

I know book 2 is far from everyone's favourite but I've made several changes to try and rectify the dozens of issues people have with it. I hope you enjoy the first chapter and I have more on they way. Thanks again for your continued support.

-MattFromWii

————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

The months following the Equalist crisis brought drastic change to the United Republic. The Council was dissolved and replaced with a presidential office, the first President being elected as soon as proper elections were set up.

The remaining Equalists were imprisoned, with the leaders like Hiroshi being sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole for twenty five years.

Team Avatar largely split up, each member heading in different directions in the reformed republic.

Lin offered Mako a job as a police officer and he eagerly accepted. He and Bolin were able to afford a new apartment now that Mako worked a stable job that paid much better than the pro-bending tournaments.

Bolin decided to return to the pro-bending ring, only this time he'd have to take up the role as captain of the Fire Ferrets and build a new team now that Mako was a cop and Korra committed to her airbending training full time.

Koza continued training with his shadowbending, a task that he seemed to be making less and less progress in as the months passed by. Tenzin was convinced that he had mastered it and tried to convince his son that there was nothing left for him to learn. The airbending master insisted that Koza only needed to perfect his routines and accept that his abilities have developed to their natural conclusion.

Despite the seemingly obvious reality, Koza wasn't sure that he mastered his abilities. Something kept rattling around in his mind, pushing him to train harder. He couldn't quite understand why and even made several trips to see Wan Shi Tong, in hopes that the knowledge spirit could provide insight. Despite Wan's best efforts, they weren't able to make any progress.

He reluctantly gave up and tried to focus on other things, hoping a short break would help clear his mind and enable him to find a simpler answer.

This resulted in Koza focusing on Asami and her troubles. Since her father was sentenced to prison, the ownership of Future Industries transferred to her.

Asami had been desperately trying to save her family's legacy after the company was caught up in almost all of Hiroshi's dealings with the Equalist. Future Industries still had an abundance of products to sell, but no company in the United Republic was willing to associate with them in any capacity.

This forced Asami to close almost all of her factories and lay off hundreds of her employees as profits fell, reducing Future Industries to a single operating factory and testing facility.

Asami was flying an aircraft above the Future Industries testing ground with a terrified Koza in the back seat. The shadowbender wasn't afraid of flying, he actually enjoyed it, but he was terrified of Asami's flying.

Koza: "Pull up! Pull up! PULL UP!"

At the last possible second, Asami pulled the aircraft out of its steep dive, the fixed landing gear skimming the treetops as the aircraft roared by.