Chapter 11: Break The Walls Down

"Well this place is certainly much fuller than I thought it'd be." Sadao looks around the room to see Jonin instructors as well as Anko, other Chunin and the ones who passed the test.

Anko grins. "First off, congratulations on finishing the second exam."

Choji grabs his belly from where he stands behind Ino. "I'm hungry."

Shikimaru glances around. "There are still this many remaining? This is a major drag."

Ino stares directly at Sasuke. "Sasuke and others have passed too."

Shikimaru sighs. "Of course..."

"Your team didn't do too bad. I guess they were lucky. Maybe So was Ion's boy. But as long as my team is around they can't go any higher. After all, whether you like it or not, ability talks to the next barrier. Well, adolescence can sometimes be bittersweet and can sometimes be harsh, Kakashi..." An older male grins speaking to Kakashi, his bowl cut reminiscent of Rock Lee's for Sadao.

Kakashi glances to the other man. "Huh? Did you say something?"

Sadao over hearing this chuckles as does Karin the duo enjoying Kakashi and Guy's antics.

Sadao sighs. "It looks like all fifteen of us Leaf rookies passed. Then there's Guy's team, Kabuto's team, the three from the sound and JoJo's team. I don't like the feel of this."

"Now then, we will have the explanation of the third exam from Lord Third Hokage. Listen carefully, everybody!" Anko says before stepping to the side.

Hiruzen, the third Hokage steps forward in front of everyone. Sadao sighs standing t the back of his team annoyed at having to wait. "Before the explanation of the third exam that we will start from now, I have just one thing to tell everyone flat out." Everyone has their interest piqued by his opening remark. "About the true purpose of these exams. Why do allied nations conduct the exams on a conjoint basis? Raising the levels of Shinobi and friendship among allied nations. These Exams are so to speak... a microcosm of battle between allied nations."

"What does that mean?" TenTen asks, many of the others having the same question on their minds.

"If we look back on history, the allied nations of today were once neighboring nations that continued to vie with each other and battle for power. In order to avoid a futile crushing of each others' military strength, those nations mutually selected a place to battle. And that was how the Chunin Exams originally began." He continues answering the question in a more roundabout way.

"W-Why do we have to do such a thing? We're not doing this to select Chunin?!" Naruto asks, having missed any of the explanation.

"There is no question that these exams are to select Shinobi worthy of becoming Chunin. But on the other hand, these exams also provide a venue for Shinobi who carry their nations pride on their backs to fight for their lives! Many feudal lords and those of prominence from many nations who request Shinobi for work are invited to thus third exam as guests. And the feudal lords and Head Ninja of each village of the nations will watch your battles. If the gap in national power becomes unbridgeable, the strong nations are inundated with job requests. The requests of nations deemed with weak on the other hand, decline. And there withal, we can exert pressure upon each neighboring nation..."

Sadao scoffs, having already figured out what the long winded explanation means. "So it's an act hubris basically."

"That is to say, just how much military strength our village is developing and has."

"Even So, Why is it we have to fight for our lives?" Kiba shouts despite the echo in the room.

"The nation's strength is the villages strength. The villages strength is the Shinobi's strength.  And the true strength of the Shinobi is only created in a fight for ones life!" Sadao takes a deep breath activating his Sharingan whilst glaring at the third Hokage as well as the Jonin behind him. "This Exam is a place to see the strength of home country Shinobi,  and a place to display this as well. It is because it's an exam where you truly fight for your life that this has meaning its for this very reason that your forerunners fought in this very Exam! A dream worth striving for."