Chapter 42: Mayhem

With the medical Corp, Karin works on Healing wounded soldiers, alongside Sakura, the pair work on Healing wounded, when one of Karin's patients coughs up blood violently. "Hemostat quickly!" She orders, her assistant however, declines, there's not enough time. Karin sighs as the man dies, just moments later. "Yugao." Karin orders.

At the other battlefields, Ju Ichi, Anzu and TenTen all toss rocks between each other, the three not allowed to be close with each other, so this is how they pass time, the person with the most amount of rocks near them by the time a kunai Stops spinning on its tip has to reveal a secret about the person with the second most rocks. This round, Ju Ichi has the most and his sister has second most.

"Okay, okay, this is one I've had since I was a kid. Back when we were little, big sis refused to sleep unless she had dad's stuffed shuriken plushie."

"Don't remind me..." TenTen mutters.

"That's just adorable." Anzu chuckles.

At the Fourth company the wounded are being cared for and casualties counted. Hikaru remains by Gaara's side, along with the Naruto clone in the area. Kakashi's third company remains prepared for battle. Pakura continues to battle Gari, neither able to be sealed.

Karin remains in her medical tent, she finishes with her single patient, however before, she can move onto the next an explosion rocks the area, she along with Sakura, Yugao, and Yokaze all rush over to the location, the vault holding the KIA Shinobi. In front of them, holding the scroll of all those sealed away, Gekko Hayate. Sakura and Karin recognize him from their chunin exams, meanwhile Yugao stares at him wide eyed. He even recognizes her. Before much more battling can commence the three Edo Tensei nin start to retreat, though before they can get far, the Kumo and Suna Ninja, are caught by Karin, who glares with a violent fury.

"Like hell you're getting away!" She and a clone of herself hold the pair down, before she grabs their bodies and drags them to a wall in the encampment, holding them there they struggle to escape as the real Karin throws a Tag on the ground in between them, within moments their bodies stop moving and the reanimated bodies fall apart, their souls having been extracted.

"What did you do?" Sakura asks.

"It's a sealing Jutsu, one I learned from Sadao called Soul Detachment. That seal has a small radius, but anything inside that radius when the seal activates will have its soul extracted from its body. The only way to return the soul would be to remove the tag, but since the bodies are Edo Tensei, if we remove the seal, all that will happen is that the souls would be free to be resummoned."

"I see."

Within moments, Sakura and Karin are both called aupon to chase after Hayate the only remaining threat, and the person with the scroll of the dead. The team of five chase after Hayate. Karin is the main person battling against Hayato, and while his swordsmanship provides an issue.

"Long time no see, mister Gekko."

"Wait, I know you two, Karin Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno. It seems you've both become fine Shinobi, and what about the others? Hikaru, Ju Ichi, I'm sure they're well as well?"

"Yes, they're all fighting in this war, some of them are even made it to the elite commando unit." Karin says.

"That's wonderful. Please, you all must stop me."

It took a while but they took advantage of their numbers, and seal Hayate and recover the scroll.

Ju Ichi sighs from his seat he's in a circle of his friends. "This is getting annoying." He mutters, shifting within his own circle.

"Whatever happens, don't step out of your circle! Do it and you'll be consider a transformed enemy!" Shikamaru shouts.

"Hey, Shika! Can I keep throwing rocks?" Ju Ichi asks, supremely relaxed with the situation.