Chapter Six: Zero Visibility

The following day Sadao wakes up with a slight annoyance, the teen grabs his headband and puts his headband around his arm before looking over at the sleeping Karin.

"Karin. Wake up."

"Five more minutes..." She grumbles.

"Wake up or we'll miss breakfast."

Karin suddenly shoots up and latches onto Sadao still in her pajamas and pulls him back into the mat that she's sleeping on, she wraps herself around his arm as she tries to use him as a pillow. "Five. More. Minutes."

Sadao, seeing her face and the cold tone of her voice, agrees as she suddenly starts smiling and nuzzles into him. "Honestly you're like a clingy girlfriend." He mutters.

"Shut up." She says muffled by his arm.

"Fine." The pair lay in bed as they stay next to each other, both getting so relaxed that they end up falling asleep.

After an hour or so the pair woke back up, joining Asakura at the pier Sadao figured he'd at least train Sakura how to walk on water. Which, was far more difficult for her than climbing a tree. That evening at dinner, Sadao looks at Naruto and Sasuke who had just gotten to the house as the group all start eating dinner Sadao see's Inari staring down himself and Naruto.

"In just a teeny little bit, the bridge will be complete. It's thanks to you guys."

"Well that's good I'm starting to run low on frozen foods to give you guys." Sadao sighs glancing to his cooler he carries everywhere.

"Even so, don't let your guard down..." Tsunami, the young woman of the house, says warningly.

"I've really wanted to ask you for a long time now. But why are you still here even though I lied about the mission." Tazuna asks the group. Sadao cracks a smirk.

"Simple. One should always complete their mission and never compromise. The only exception to that rule is if you finish the mission at the cost of your comrades then the mission no matter what the documented results say will always be a failure."

Kakashi smiles under the mask. "Well spoken Sadao."

"It's something my dad told my siblings and myself all the time and in all honesty that's been my way ever since."

"Why...?" Inari mutters.

Sadao hums, While Naruto replies with a simple "Huh?"

"What is it." Sadao asks the kid.

"Why do you desperately work so hard until you get like that? There's no way you'd ever be a match for Gato's men even if you train! No matter what cool things you say or how much effort you make, the weak always lose out against the truly strong!"

Sadao scoffs. "You done, kid?" He stares down the child with cold nearly lifeless eyes. "We're nothing like you."

Inari rises from his chair in anger. "Shut up! Looking at you both makes me sick. Sticking your nose in even though you know nothing of the land! I'm not like you who's always acting frivolous not knowing anything about pain!"

"You say I don't know anything about pain?" Sadao's tone gets lower, darker, ominous. "As far as I'm aware I may be the only member of my family who's even alive. My father was murdered right in front of me. As for my brother and sister? All I know is that they're missing and I don't know whether they're alive or dead." His voice raises gradually as he spoke, but he refrained from yelling at the child. "So don't say you know what it's like to know pain when you still have your mother, your grandfather and a home that you can go to everyday, knowing that someone will be waiting for you." He's seething Inari looks at the cold rage from Sadao. "The only things I have are my will, my sword, my clothes and my best friend. So you can say I don't know pain, when I've been living through it longer than you think. So what? You're just gonna cry all day like the lead of a tragedy? A fool like you can cry forever. So stay weak and cry in your corner. And when the time finally draws near for us to choose whether we stand our ground or flee, what will you do? Run and cry or stand and fight for yourself and for those who can't protect themselves. When you have your answer, find me, kid."