Chapter 21: Fix My Eyes

The sound of a foot jumping off a branch is heard as Sadao dashes forward with Karin hot on his heels, Anzu behind her with Team Kakashi, Edo, and Chiyo behind them.

"Naruto. Can I ask you a question? How long do you think the Akatsuki have been after you?" Sakura asks her teammate.

"Huh?"

Sadao stares forward. "We're approaching three years since we got destroyed by Itachi so at least three."

"What do you mean?"

"Two members of the Akatsuki, Itachi Uchiha, and Kisame Hoshigaki came to the leaf looking for Naruto."

Kakashi nods. "But it's been three years since then, and no sign of them."

Sadao sighs. "And it's been four since they killed our father. And now they're back."

"But, why do you think they waited so long to make another move?"

Sadao takes a moment before answering. "It could be that they wanted to act before this, but for some reason, they couldn't. Maybe because Master Jiraiya was around, and they didn't want to face him."

"Not only that but they wanted Sadao and Anzu dead. And with them reaching Jonin and Chunin levels they would constantly be surrounded by other Jonin and Chunin."

"That's not it." Chiyo interrupts. "From what I've learned, there was an entirely different reason they had to wait this long.""

Sadao glances back. "What reason?"

"If your going to try and draw out the tailed beast that dwells within, a great deal of preparation is involved. They just needed some more time."

"What are you talking about? What tailed beasts?"

Edo's eye's widen. "Wait, by Tailed beasts? You don't mean-?"

"My, My, you're a student of that old slug Queen Tsunade, And you don't even know that when the leaf itself is the host to Kyuubi?"

Kakashi glances back at Chiyo. "The Kyuubi is not something we talk about. It's considered top-secret."

"Really? Well, not surprising I guess. Tailed Beasts are demon spirits with one or more tails. The sand has had a single-tailed beast since long ago."

"Yes, father told me about this. The cloud has the two and eight tails. Stone, four and five. Mist three and six. And though I don't remember where the seven tails was placed."

"Yes. The sand has the Shukaku sealed within Gaara."

Sakura looks down. "So then there's more of these demon spirits?"

"Oh Yes. There are a total of nine of them in this world, each with distinct characteristics. And each with a different number of tails. The demon beast of the sand, with its one tail. A two-tailed spirit, three-tailed, and so on, all the way up to the Kyuubi of the Leaf. The beasts are huge concentrations of chakra. And during the Great War, every nation competed for control of them for military purposes."

Sadao looks forward. "They fought relentlessly for them."

"Yes, But the tailed beasts' power was beyond human imagination. No one could control the. I don't know the intentions of the Akatsuki. But that kind of power is far too dangerous for anyone to get a hold of. Eventually, with the coming of peace, the tailed beasts were forgotten. But nevertheless, they still exist, all nine of them. Scattered over the world."

The group continues moving as they keep their movement Sadao waits for anything. As he feels the breeze slightly his eyebrow twitches. 'Somethings happening and I don't like it.' He thinks to himself. As they reach a clearing Sadao suddenly senses a familiar chakra ahead of them and stops.