Chapter 20: Line in the Sand

"Come on. We have little time to get there." Sadao says leaping forward.

Anzu nods. "Yeah."

Sadao glances "Inbound six o'clock." The trio turn to spot what's coming when they see yellow, black and orange  "Its Naruto, let's keep moving."

The trio continue moving at a speedy pace keeping up with Naruto when Sadao suddenly adjust and moves towards the ground landing near Temari.

"Temari!" He shouts. The rest follow suit and land behind Sadao. "We need to move quick."

Temari looks to the six questioningly. "Why?"

Anzu steps forward. "Not much time to explain but here's the quick rundown. Lord Gaara's been captured by the Akatsuki."

Temari takes a step back. "What?! Gaara was-?!"

Sadao nods. "Let's move! If we go a normal pace it'll take two and a half days to the sand from here I say we try to lower that by half a day."

Karin steps forward. 'But then we'd have to go twice as fast."

Sadao nods. "Yeah. Can you all keep up?"

Kakashi nods to his co-captain. "Yeah, we can."

Temari steels herself. "Yeah."

Sadao nods and the group all jump off speeding forward not stopping for the slightest rest. As Sadao has a memory of that day three years ago.

Flashback

Sadao glares at Itachi. "So their target was Naruto."

"No wonder Kakashi knew that as well. I see clearly now. The information source was you. To abduct Naruto was the number one priority placed by our organization, Akatsuki. Killing the Uchiha was number one up until recently."

Sasao's glare intensifies drastically.

Jiraiya steps forward. "I can't let you have Naruto."

"I wonder about that. This is perfect... I'll get rid of you two right here!"

Sasuke tries to stand. "Don't butt in..." They notice Sasuke standing up breathing heavily and swaying. "The one that's going to kill him is... Me!"

Sadao looks to his cousin wide eyed. "Sasuke..." He mutters.

Itachi barely spares his brother a glance. "Right now, I have no interest in you."

Sasuke gets a second wind from this rising even faster. "Don't mess with me!" He goes to punch but is countered with a kick and slams into the wall hitting Sadao and Anzu slamming all three of them into the wall.

"Sasuke! Sadao! Darn, you!"

"Naruto! I told you not to butt in!" Sasuke orders. The three rise to their feet shaking off the hit. "I told you before... I've lived for this very day... for this very day!" Sasuke dashes forward with Sadao and Anzu behind him Sasuke goes for a punch but is blocked as Sadao attempts a kick that gets blocked and Anzu an overhead kick The is countered sending the three back into the wall. They all stand but are pinned to the wall.

"Not yet... this is my battle..." Sasuke mutters.

"Fine!" Sasuke rises and attempts an attack but is sent back into Sadao and Anzu all three now pinned to the wall. "You are weak. And you are weak... because you don't have enough hate." He then opens his eyes placing the three under the Tsukuyomi as they all watch as the ones close to them are being killed. Sasuke watches the Uchiha clan massacre again. Sadao being forced to watch his father's death from his father's point of view. And Anzu is placed under a similar Tsukuyomi as Kakashi was, tormented for hours on end. The screams in agony are heard even outside the building, Karin and Hikaru climb the stairs and watch their reactions mortified until they all slump over unconscious.