Chapter 37: Dancing With The Dead

Sadao deactivates his Sharingan as Naruto begins questioning the story.

"Naruto... I know how you feel, but you must not be impatient. For now, we'll keep what Madara said to ourselves... in absolute secrecy. Sadao, not even Anzu must learn of this. Noda... while I'd love to question you about this, we can't treat you like a criminal, cause then people would know." Kakashi orders.

"I've felt like a criminal every day, this is nothing new. My one regret is not being there for Sasuke enough."

"Yeah, That was my thought too. Avoid unnecessary mayhem. Unless we cross-check the facts by looking into Noda's mind, we can't trust him. There's too much we don't know about his claim about the higher up using Itachi and Noda to slaughter the Uchiha Clan."

Kakashi nods. "Yeah, especially you, Naruto. Do you understand?"

Naruto nods. "Yeah. I know."

The real Sadao continues to run along with Kiba and the others. "Kiba, when we get to the land of Iron, I'm trusting you to find Naruto." Sadao orders.

Kiba nods. "I know."

Kiba sighs as Sadao looks to his left as Ishi stands with Eijiro walking in the back of the group as he looks forward when Lee poses a question to Kiba. "What's wrong, Kiba?"

"All Ino could do was cry. But look at Sakura's determination and Anzu didn't even seem phased by it. And she's his family. I don't know what Sakura's gonna say to Naruto, but it's gonna get really uncomfortable."

"I'm sure Sakura's got some ideas."

"Four-man squads are the standard, but any search mission usually includes me. Plus, I've got that secret request from Sai. I need to use my nose to see if the Foundation the Anbu under Danzo, is following us."

Sadao shakes his head. "No, that's why I'm here. I asked Sai, so I could take that job and give you an easier time.

The clone walks away to get food as once he's far enough away he hears shouting from the hotel area. He hides in an alleyway making a clone to send his intel to the real Sadao. As he almost instantly gets intel back from the original.

"I see... I'll keep it hidden for now. Once the original shows up I'll disperse myself." He mutters. He walks into a restaurant and starts eating when he suddenly disperses after paying. As the real Sadao arrives in front of Naruto and the others.

"Sadao? Where have you been?" Kakashi asks.

"Konoha. You've been traveling with a clone this whole time and you haven't noticed?"

Yamato recoils in shock. "W-What?"

"Geez. I sent a clone with you and Naruto." He smirks as he realized he pulled the wool over Kakashi Hatake. He looks back to see everyone surprised at what Sakura said when he realized he was blanking on the conversation.

"W-What did you just say, Sakura? I think I heard you wrong. Could you say it again?" Naruto asks.

"I said... I... love you, Naruto." Sadao's eyes widen in surprise as he looks at Naruto who has a similar expression as he stops chewing his gum and has a slightly slacked jaw. "I said Sasuke doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I must have been crazy to carry a torch for him for so long. Listen carefully when someone confesses her feelings for you!"

Sadao loses the conversation again as he turns and starts walking away from it as Eijiro does a double-take and starts running after Sadao when Ishi joins him.

"Sadao, where are you going?"

Sadao turns into an alley and shakes his head. "I need a minute."

E"Look, I get where all shocked about what she said..."