Chapter 14: I Aint Your Savior

Sadao growls. "Just a little more..." He mutters before glancing back. Sasuke notices this and looks to his cousin. "Seems they ran into issues themselves."

"What do you mean?"

"Karin and Hikaru just vanished from my range. We still have Naruto and two others chasing after us." He's about to continue when he stops dead in his tracks sensing something ominous. "What the hell?" He stares forward, Sasuke looks to him expectingly. "He's here."

The pair stop looking forward they spot Gaara and Anzu standing in front of them.

"I don't know what you Sand Ninja are scheming... but we'll stop you! And... I'll ascertain your true identity!" Sasuke says confidently.

Gaara grabs his head screaming in pain as he collapses to a knee. And Anzu rushes up to him. Sadao is only in fear of him sensing the power of Gaara slowly rising.

Anzu looks down to him in worry. "Gaara!" She grabs his shoulder and attempts to help him but is pushed back as he looks to her as if warning her to run. "Gaara stop! Have you forgotten the operation?"

"You who are strong... You who are called, Uchiha... You who has friends... You who have a purpose... You... who are like... me! But killing you... I will exist in this world as the one who destroyed all of that... I can truly experience "life." You're... my... huaaarrrrrggggg!" He screams seemingly out of agony as Anzu looks at him with a mixture of fear and sorrow. Sadao attempts to brave his fear but it's clearly visible on his face. "You're... my... my prey!" He shakes his head violently screaming in agonizing pain. Anzu's eyes widen as she looks towards Gaara. Sadao draws a kunai and gains a defensive stance. He stands both ready to kill Gaara and to flee at the same moment. Sasuke stands motionless staring down Gaara. They stare as his body morphs revealing an arm made of sand a part of his face covered in it and a single tail growing out of the back. "Now... Let me feel it!"

Sadao looks over and sees Sasuke trembling when Gaara jumps forward, Sadao dodges leaving Sasuke behind before raising his Kunai and blocking a sword slash from Anzu.

"Why won't you die?!" She shouts.

Sadao flips her over him the pair falling to the ground and rolling to stops. "Because, I can't." She dashes forward using his sword forcing him into a defensive stance. He uses his kunai to block and parry every attack from her. He draws a second kunai and throws it at her followed by the first and starts weaving signs. "Fire Style! Fireball Jutsu!"

Anzu dodges easily the first though a second is barreling her way. "Take this seriously damn it! Water Style! Violent Water Wave!" She takes a deep breath and expels a wave of water that quells the fire releasing steam into the air.

Sadao then jumps up from the ground listening to the sounds of Sasuke and Gaara's battle. As he hears the sound of the Chidori again he narrowly avoids the blade aimed for his heart, turning to get a cut on his left shoulder. He grabs her arm his eyes glowing red as he judo throws her over himself he extracts his sword and throws it into a nearby tree he then raises a leg to kick her when she raises her legs the sole of her left shoe plants itself in his cheek sending him back she flips up and attempts to spin kick Sadao he blocks using his forearms and grabs her foot pulling her in before putting one hand on her shoulder and the other holding her arm down. As he slams her through the branch towards the floor she kicks him in the stomach the pair crashing into the ground. The pair hit the ground hard gasping for air as Sadao seems to relax a bit sensing Naruto having arrived. He looks at Anzu with a smirk before doing hand seals. To which she responds.

"Water Style! Water Dragon Jutsu!" Sadao launches his dragon.

"Fire Style! Great Fireball Jutsu!"

The pair release their justu's both colliding and releasing steam into the air. When Sadao dashes towards Anzu as she goes to punch him he ducks under and mimicking Lee kicks her up and flinches as he makes three clones that launch her higher but she's able to counter as a fourth attempts to hit her down as the real Sadao does hand seals before inhaling.