Chapter 40: Red Like Roses

Hikaru sighs, himself sat against a large pillar of stone, nearby him are Ju Ichi, Temari, and Shikamaru, up above the group is Gaara.

"Here they come now." Gaara mutters.

"Mu's stopped moving." Kabuto mutters from inside his cave, the sunlight barely entering, though he's close enough to the entrance that Anko remains in the light. "The Second Tsuchikage has been detected. They called him the 'Null Man' because he had neither form nor chakra. The battlefield should be coming together nicely. Now begins the real fun. And with this next group of Shinobi, I anticipate bigger and better results by keeping all their thoughts and emotions intact. A shame though it is, that Ringo Uchiha used Sage Mode to hold me off long enough to be sealed by his son, and Sadao, using the Totsuka Blade, Damn that Itachi, allowing Konoha to reach it." Kabuto looks to his map of the battlefield. "I think I'll let him do his own thing after the Summoning Jutsu."

Three coffins suddenly rise in the sand, and three more former Kage stand in front of the Second Tsuchikage, them being The Third Raikage, The Fourth Kazekage, and the Second Mizukage.

"Where am I? What's going on?" Third Raikage asks.

"My, my, my. A friendly reunion of past adversaries." Second Mizukage says with a chuckle. "Except, hold on. I don't know you." He says looking at the Fourth Kazekage.

This is a foul Jutsu of the Second Hokage." Second Tsuchikage, Mu, informs the others. "Recalling the dead from the underworld and enslaving them. I was forced to summon you all here."

"Recalling the dead? And what do you mean by that?"

"Have you forgotten? I killed you myself." Mu informs the Second Mizukage Gengetsu Hozuki. "You've been dead a long, long time, Second Mizukage, Gengetsu Hozuki."

"Oh, Yes, Of course. Hey, Wait! I remember it all now! You died that day, too! In fact I'm the one that killed you!"

"Is that so? Well, never mind that now. Listen to me. Wait, where was I? Where the Second Hokage? The one who resurrected us?" The four past Kage glances to each other. "I do detect someone several kilometers ahead. A chakra that feels the same as this newcomer. And an army."

"Wait, I know who you are!" Third Raikage, Aye, shouts, looking at the Fourth Kazekage.

"I'm the Fourth Kazekage, Rasa of the sand. My predecessors have told me about the exploits of you three."

"That means the sand has continued through to the Fourth- No, it has to be the Fifth generation by now. It feels incredibly strange being here in the future like this."

"Listen, this isn't really the future. We're just beings brought back from the past. And don't interrupt me anymore, or I'll kill you."

"I was already killed you fool! And I was the one who killed you, remember?!" The Second Mizukage, and Tsuchikage argue.

"I'm just trying to speak about the Second Hokage, the one who must have resurrected us!"

Rasa crosses his arms. "Even by my time, the Second Hokage was already long deceased. But there was another Shinobi who had mastered the Edo Tensei further than Tobirama had. Orochimaru."

Hikaru sighs and watches as intel comes through, Shikamaru turns to everyone else in the formation.

"It's a message from HQ. Our Commando Unit fought the enemies Commando Unit. Seems we were right about the enemy. They're using Edo Tensei to raise the dead and send them onto the battlefield." Shikamaru informs.

"Who knows what kind of Shinobi we're going to run into out there. So everyone... make sure you're prepared for anything." Temari orders.

Everyone then looks up, Gaara is giving a signal, the enemy are nearby.