Chapter 36: The GoKage Summit

A group of five beings sit atop a ledge, all of them staring downwards, four of them hidden under cloaks. One of them, orange haired with red eyes stares downwards, his eyes glued to Danzo.

"That's him." The only uncloaked figure, white Zetsu informs the team. "The geezer in the middle."

"So that's... Danzo." Sasuke glares at Danzo, his sharingan burning with life.

It is time fore the Five Kage Summit, to begin. All of the guards sit behind banners, as the five Kage, sit in a semi-circle.

"Place you're Kage hats before you." The mediator of the discussions, Mifune the leader of the Samurai orders. All five Kage do as they're told. "You the five Kage, assemble here today in response to Lord Raikage's summons. I, Mifune, will preside over these proceedings. And now, let the five Kage Summit commence!"

The five Kage all glance around, Gaara remains fixed on Danzo, he thinks back to the warning he received before leaving, a warning from Anzu Uchiha, 'Danzo is not to be trusted under any pretext.' Everyone remains silent initially.

"Then allow me to begin." Garage opens the discussion. "Listen-." He's interrupted by a chuckle from the Tsuchikage.

"My, my, How the Kage have changed. To be named Kage at your young age is quite impressive, Lord Kazekage." He taunts Gaara, who barely spares him a glance. "Yet despite your fathers obviously brilliant guidance, he seems to have not taught you any etiquette."

"Yes, probably, though it may also have to do with a pair of siblings I'm fond of, not respecting elders like you, rubbing off on me. That's why I was chosen as Kazekage."

The Tsuchikage laughs. "You cheeky young rascal!"

"Lord Tsuchikage, please don't interrupt any more." The Mizukage now speaks. "Please continue, Lord Kazekage."

"I am a former Jinchuriki. The Akatsuki captured me. They took my tailed beast and they killed Ringo Uchiha, that is part of why I consider the Akatsuki to be an extremely dangerous group." He glances to everyone in the room he can see. "I sought the aid of the Five Kage many times, but was ignored. Except for the real Hokage, and some of her best shinobi." He gazes at every single Kage. "Jinchuriki from all your nations have been taken. To collaborate at this point is simply too little, too late, I'll put it in simpler terms as they would, you waited, and now you're learning the consequences."

"Hah." The Tsuchikage essentially scoffs his remarks off. "The Five Great Nations' Hidden Villages can't afford to alert others that their Jinchuriki were taken; it's an embarrassment! Covert rescue and recovery is the norm. No one seeks aid from other lands when Jinchuriki disappear!"

"Appearances,  and status. Such foolish and outdated concepts."

Tsuchikage humphs.

Lady Mizukage now speaks. "Setting aside whether or not those beliefs are outdated or not, I will acknowledge that as Mizukage, I refrained from acting in this issue. However, I don't believe that having our tailed beasts stolen is cause for immediate alarm. After all, it takes significant skill, knowledge, and time to achieve control over them."

"A Jinchuriki needs to mature along with their tailed beast to adapt to it. And even then, control remains difficult. It's not a simple task." The Tsuchikage remarks. "Wouldn't you agree with that, Lord Kazekage?"

"Very few have achieved control over Tailed Beasts. Madara Uchiha, Seki, and her descendants have a habit of being strong enough to control them, the first Hokage Hashihama Senju, and of course the Fourth Mizukage Yagura, as well as Lord Raikage's brother, Killer Bee." Danzo speaks, his voice quakes only once during discussion, at the referencing of Seki's descendants, the image of Sadao still fresh. "However..."