Chapter 48: Evil (A Chorus Of Resistance)

The war is almost over...

Sadao stares forward a sly smile forming as he watches events unfold before him, everyone working together, thousands of people struggling to extract the nine tailed beasts from Obito Uchiha. The Nine Tailed beasts all crash to the ground taking form. Afterwards the two Susano'o's along with Naruto Nine Tails avatar fade away. And the three land in the ground standing next to the nine tailed beasts. Obito stares at his hand, thinking to himself.

The three begin to chuckle as the four tails turns back. "Well it looks like you kept your promise, Naruto Uzumaki." He grins. "I have to say, I'm impressed that really rescued us!"

"Hey, Son! Sure thing!" Naruto salutes to the Four Tails. All of the Tailed Beasts rejoice in their freedom. Shukaku is the only to not show gratitude. Sasuke and Sadao run forward both drawing their swords. Naruto chases after the pair. However before they can get close Kakashi appears over Obito Kunai at the ready.

"Kakashi..." Sadao says staring at his sensei.

"Sasuke, Sadao, I promise we'll talk more later. I apologize for appearing so suddenly. But I was once his classmate and friend, so please, let me take responsibility for him."

Kakashi aims to kill but stops his hand being grabbed by Minato.

"Dad, what-?"

"Obito... when we played chakra tug-of-war, just now, I got to see the inside of your heart. It looked like my son nagged and lectured you quite a bit."

"Yeah, he has a habit of that." Sadao says glaring at Naruto.

"Hey!"

Minato chuckles. "Something that he seems to have inherited from his mother."

"But, dad..."

"And besides, that really ought to be your job." Minato looks at Kakashi. "For I believe the one who truly understands and would now what to say to Obito is you, his friend, Kakashi. Isn't that right, Naruto?" Naruto looks to Sasuke, and Sadao the two standing watching. Sadao annoyed, though Sasuke is almost unreadable.

"Naruto. You three and the allied Shinobi forces should help lord first. Go and seal Madara away."

Naruto runs off almost immediately, Sadao and Sasuke watch him leave.

"I think you guys were younger than Naruto is now. You remember? All the missions the four of us went on?" He speaks to Kakashi. "Run as a medic did her upmost to protect you two. She never would have wanted things to end up like this." He holds onto Kakashi up until Kakashi lowers his aggressive posture. "But what caused all of this, that's my responsibility. It's no coincidence that I, who should be dead, am standing before you two like this. Perhaps Rin made it happen. Her way of scolding me for my failures as your teacher. I'm so sorry that I couldn't protect Rin."

"Rin... was my sole light and hope... in this dark world. After I lost Rin... the whole world as I saw it... changed. It became... a black hell. This world holds no hope. I took Madara's identity and walked the world... but... all that did... was further confirm my belief. Even possessing this Sharingan didn't reveal anything to me. Cause there was nothing to see." Obito stares up at the moon, blank is the expression of a deadman.

Kakashi's grip on his kunai loosens even more. "I don't know anything for sure either."

"Then you can't... say my path is-!"

"Without a doubt, your path is just one of many. And it may not actually be wrong either. I've thought that this world is hell, too. I'd thought that I'd lost you. And then lost Rin right after that. And later, I even lost Minato Sensei, as well. But..." Kakashi thinks of the day Obito gave Kakashi his Sharingan. "Even though I don't know anything for sure, k tried my best to see the world with this eye. I felt that as long as I had your Sharingan and words, I could see the future."