Chapter 41: Bad Guy

Hikaru grins, he stands next to Gaara, he stretches a bit.

"We really can't retreat much further. It's time to make a stand right here and now." Onoki says floating towards the others.

"Yes." Gaara agrees.

"The first thing the two of us should do, is launch long range offensives. We'll see how the enemy responds."

"Lord Gaara, are we ready?"

"Yes, Hikaru. I'll make the first strike."

Gaara launches a massive wave of sand at the four, though it's easily stopped by Rasa using gold dust. Gaara used himself as the distraction, and using the sand he wrapped some around the bodies of all except, Mu, who dodged, he looks up, spotting Onoki.

"You're an old man, Onoki! Do you owe your long life to Particle Style?" Mu questions his pupil.

"Wind Style! Great Air Dragon!" Hikaru launches a massive air dragon at Mu, forcing him to dodge, unable to stay put to ready to counter attack. However, he's able to fend off the dragon, just in time to counter Onoki's particle style attack. "Damn, we'll have try again, Lord Gaara, Lord Onoki."

"Father, it's been a while."

"Yes, Gaara. But where is Shukaku?"

"He is long gone. And I... I am no longer the Jinchuriki that you created, father."

"You're no longer a Jinchuriki, Gaara? What do you mean?"

"Some time ago, those who control you, removed Shukaku the One Tail from me. And in doing so, killed me. But thanks to the assistance of Granny Chiyo, The Nine Tails Jinchuriki, and my other friends, I was revived and am still alive today."

"You mean Granny Chiyo did that for you? Wait, hold on. You said friends? Are you telling me that you actually have friends?"

"Hi! I'm one of them." Hikari says partially jokingly from his perch on a rock formation. "Hikaru Shizuma... or... as I've recently learned, Hikaru Uzumaki."

"Uzumaki? I thought you all were dead."

"Nah, we just scattered."

"You didn't think he'd have any friends? Did you really believe your son would just be alone this whole time? He was a kid! Everyone has friends at that age." Second Mizukage jokes.

"Six, father. You made six attempts to kill me. And each time, my fear and hatred of you increased. But I no longer harbor any hatred for you father. Now I'm even able to understand why you did it. I've become the fifth Kazekage. It is a leaders duty to eliminate threats against one's village. We must protect it."

Rasa gasps in surprise. "What did you say? You are... Kazekage?"

"And that's not all of it." Onoki speaks with a cheeky grin. "He's also been named the commander in chief if the Allied Shinobi Forces main battle regiment. Despite his young age, he not only calls himself Kage, but has the respect of the other Kage as well."

"Now it all makes sense." Mu speaks looking up to the trio, the Konoha Jonin uniform of Hikaru, the Suna uniform on Gaara, and Onoki dressed as himself. "I thought it was odd that I sensed various chakra types from various villages, all mixed together. Just imagine, Shinobi united in an allied force."

"Well apparently what you lack in eyebrows you more than make up for in charisma." Second Mizukage hums proudly. "Actually come to think of it, I'm just the same."

"He's not wrong, I do like the way he speaks." Hikaru says quietly, though everyone hears him. "Gaara." He says looking to his leader.

"No. Stay there and wait."