52 one + one = one

Part 52 one + one = one

RM

Arnav came home and found no one in the living room. HP stood looking at Arnav, who opened the door for him.

"What?" Arnav asked, raising his brows.

"I'm going to market, Arnav baba"

"Where are others?"

"Anjali Di and Naniji went to meet Pandit. Shyamji left home in the morning. And Khushiji is taking care of Lavanyaji as she has a fever"

"Fever?"

HP nodded yes.

Arnav galloped to Lavanya's room and HP left.

Arnav saw Lavanya sleeping and Khushi was sitting next to her. Khushi stood up, seeing Arnav, embarrassingly. That was the first time, she met him after he got to know that she was married.

But, Arnav's VIEW was completely different. He looked at her gulping his emotions. His LOOK was a NEW and LONGING one. Arnav never believed in Devi Maia stuff... in case, she was true, the GODDESS must be looking like Khushi... she supposed. She would not have been prepared for the situation she went through. Yet, didn't she get through it? He composed himself, seeing her suffocating.

"What happened to Lavanya?" he asked, advancing Lavanya.

"She had fever..." Khushi said.

"Had? Not now?"

"She is better now"

Arnav touched Lavanya's forehead and nodded yes. Arnav looked at Khushi, blinking his eyes slowly.

"Khushi, can I get coffee? My head is aching" he lied.

She nodded ok and rushed to the kitchen. Arnav saw her phone lying on the bed, beside the pillow. Taking it, he walked out of Lavanya's room. He so wanted Khushi to tell the truth. He wanted to give it one last try to it before he told her that he got to know she was his wife. So, he was all set to get it from her by hook or by crook.

Khushi looked behind, before entering the kitchen and saw him going to his room.

Preparing coffee, Khushi came to Arnav's room. She saw him removing his coat and keeping it on the recliner. She extended the cup towards him.

"Keep it there," Arnav said.

She kept it on the tea table and was about to go, Arnav stopped.

"Khushi... one minute"

Khushi stopped moving and looked at him.

"I would like to tell you something..."

Khushi nodded her head, like, tell me...

"I have chosen a girl as my life partner..." Arnav said.

Khushi looked at him with shock.

"I have decided who should be with me as my WIFE... she is purely up to my taste"

Khushi's eyes tear up instantly.

"You may think, why I'm telling you about it... I know you have a special concern for me"

Khushi swallowed the substance that was trying to jump out of her throat.

"Thank you so much for the concern you are showing in me," he said, taking steps towards her.

Khushi tried to smile but she could not.

"I so want to thank you... I want to do something for you in return for whatever you did for this family. Ask me something."