81 Swaraj is released

Part 81 Swaraj is released

Arnav entered Gupta House, searching for Khushi. he saw her serving Nani, Anjali, and Lavanya who were having lunch. She saw Arnav,

"Arnavji, you too have lunch getting fresh"

"I will have later... you come with me" Arnav called her.

"I'm serving them lunch, Arnavji"

Before Arnav said anything,

"We will serve ourselves, Khushi. you go" Anjali said.

Khushi nodded ok and followed Arnav to Garima's room.

Arnav locked the door and went to the bed. He flipped the mattress and Khushi's eyes widened in shock, seeing bundles of money had been arranged under the mattress. Arnav stood, keeping his hands on his hip, biting his inner lip.

"What's this Arnavji? How do you know the money is under the mattress? Who told you?" Khushi asked.

"No one told me. I guessed it when the police searched in the same way in Laxmi's house"

"Which Laxmi?"

"Your mother's servant"

"But, why did police search her house?"

"Because she is the one who stole your mother's jewels"

"Whaaat? But how? She said she tried to save my Amma from my Bhai..."

"It's not true, Khushi. she lied to the police"

"How do you know she lied?"

"Swaraj told me..."

"Swaraj? When did you meet him?"

"Today morning because I guessed something must be wrong in this case"

"How did you guess it?"

"You said your mother enjoyed her life wearing the latest designs of jewels but I didn't find any jewels in her cupboard when I searched for investment documents. That's when I got the doubt because Laxmi said she hit Swaraj when he pulled Garima aunty's chain and she made him unconscious. So, Swaraj would not have taken the jewels from the closet. Then, it must be someone from this house. As Laxmi was here when Garima aunty attacked, no one could have stolen it without Laxmi's knowledge... or, maybe, Laxmi herself would have done that. As expected, she hoarded the jewels in a Tulsi plant pot"

There was a restlessness on Khushi's face.

"Swaraj didn't kill your Amma," Arnav said.

Khushi looked at him blankly. Arnav nodded yes.

"He was framed into it... someone used his drunken state in their favor. He is not a murderer. Very soon, he will get released"

Khushi hugged Arnav.

"Thank you so much Arnavji... I was so angry with Swaraj for killing my Amma"

"I know... that's why I wanted to know the truth. I saw the police checking the bed in Laxmi's house. There I got the spark as you said your Amma won't trust anyone. So, I thought your Amma should hide the money under her bed without anyone's knowledge. My guess is right. As my guess is right in this matter, another guess of mine would also be right... Swaraj would not be a murderer"

"I would be the happiest person in the world if it is true"

"It will be..."

Taking a bag, Khushi gathered the money in it. She kept it in the cupboard.