chapter fifty seven

y / n

I was already packing my clothes in my luggage after Jungkook sent me a message that we'll be leaving tonight. It's pretty sad because I wasn't able to visit Japan properly and just stayed in the hotel, looking at the city view.

But I can't complain, I'm so grateful for having this kind of life. To able to get on plane, on limousine and some delicious food.

Oh! That amazing chocolate ice cream that I first ate when I came in his house.

The door bell rang and I rush over, knowing it was lunch time. Opening the door, the man holds a plate in his hand and the other man was holding two other plates. They put it on the table and left with a bow.

I sat down, looking at the cover over my plate. Once I take it out, the scent hit my nostrils immediately.

It was steak! I think I was drooling at the sight because it's been so long since I've had a bite of this. He's treating me well, finally!

Before I start eating, my phone started ringing. I huffed, grabbing my phone that was on then nightstand. Once I saw the caller I.D., I quickly answered, putting on speaker. I remembered he wanted to talk to me but I was too 'busy' last night.

"Good afternoon, Jisung," I said, cutting the steak with a bit of force. I was never good at cutting steak and it was always Jungkook how cuts it before giving it to me. Gosh, I'm leaving a spoiled life.

"Good afternoon to you too. How's the trip so far?" He asks me as I hear some paper noises in the background, he might be reading at this moment.

"It's pretty good, I thought I would be working but instead I'm just enjoying the view and the hotel."

"That's good, at least you're taking some rest." There was a moment of silence before he continuined talking. "Oh yeah, my grandma invited us to dinner, this Sunday. I mean she asked my dad, but it seems that he forgot about it."

Dinner with Jungkook's mom and dad? In two days? The last time was a disaster, how am I going to face them? Especially his dad, that man is problem. I vaguely remember what he said to me at the party but I know it was awful. Gosh, I'm getting goosebumps.

"Hello?"

"O-Oh yeah, sorry."

"Grandpa can be tough, he was against my dad for many things and the desicions that he made for me. Now, I think they're good?"

"Let's hope things go well."

"Grandma is going to love you, I'm so sure of it. You don't have to worry about a thing when she's with you. She's amazing."

"I trust you."

"You can count on me."

❣︎

Jungkook came late today, I thought he'll be the one picking me up so I've waited. Instead it was Minho who drove me to the airport. He assured me that he'll come and that his plans have changed last minute. I mean we're going in his private jet, so he'll come but a bit later.

I've sat on one of the seat, all alone with the pilot. I didn't know what to do, I barely use my phone and I'm not the type to scroll down the phone for fun. I just stared at the window. The sky was truly dark and the stars were bright. It was a beautiful night.

Taking out my headphones, I connected it to my phone and listen to the music that was playing. The moment I close my eyes, my headphone were no longer on my head. I turned around to see Jungkook with a bouquet of flowers. They weren't huge, they were in the perfect size. The flowers weren't roses, but they were a mix of different flowers that I couldn't name of.

"Sorry for being late, something came up," He says in a sorry manner, kissing the top of my head before sitting down beside me.

I touch the flowers to feel how real and fresh they were. "Thank you for the flowers."

"I'll buy you one every day if that makes you smile. It's worth my money."

"God," I said, hiding my face with the bouquet as I leaned against Jungkook's arm.

It was pretty quiet the whole since Jungkook was working on something on his computer while I was reading a book that he actually bought me with the bouquet. I'm not a bookworm but some books are really just masterpieces. Every book he bought me was what I wanted, he probably just saw my reading list that was on his computer a long time ago.

"Jungkook,"

"Yeah?"

"Jisung told me we're going to have dinner with your parents Sunday night. I don't know if he told you but it looked like he was quite excited for some reason."

"Excited, you say?"

"Yeah, I mean at first he was speaking casually until he started talking about dinner, maybe he like family reunions with his grandma?"

"I think it's something else, it can't be a simple reason like that, he barely talks to her after the family dinners," He says, taking his eyes off the screen to look at me. "We just got to wait to found out."

"I really want to know, he usually tells me what goes around his mind. Now he's making me wait for two days," I sigh, turning my head to look at the window.

My head turns around when he pushed my jaw to make me look at his face. "In the meantime, we can have our own fun. I promise that you won't realize that the time flew."

Stupid horny moron, he even says it with a smile.