Close Call

Team Asuma had been dispatched to annihilate a duo of Akatsuki members who had been hunting Innocent Shinobi across the Land of Fire.

Finding them was the easy part, what they hadn't anticipated... was their abilities.

This was it... Asuma had blood dribbling down from the corner of his mouth. His eyes wide open, he himself frozen as he watched the mad man laugh at his misery.

He was going to die.

He knew it, there was no way for him to make it out of this alive. Dammit, he really wanted to see his daughter. He'd never get to meet her...

'Kurenai.... I'm sorry...'

He closed his eyes, willing to accept his fate. He could only hope his students would make it out alive....

Students....

Wait...

"Here Sensei..." a young Shikamaru said. He held out a small obsidian necklace that had a seal carved into the side.

"Hm? What's this?" Asuma asked. He was watching Ino and Choji train from the side, while smoking a cigarette.

"A gift. If your ever in trouble, force your chakra into it and help will come." Shikamaru explained with a sigh. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked to the side.

Asuma gave a deep chuckle and took the gift from his student. "Alright. Thanks," He said putting it on.

"Just don't be troublesome and waste it..." Shikamaru muttered before he began to walk off. "It was a drag to get it," He whispered.

Asuma blinked before looking down at the necklace. Might as well, if Shikamaru said help will come then help will come. No reason to doubt it.

Right... his necklace. Using his strength he reached up and grabbed the necklace. He ignored Hidan's laughter and forced his Chakra into it.

'I hope you were right Shikamaru!'

Suddenly the pain had been nullified. Opening his eyes he saw...

.

.

Sasuke...

<<<<

Sasuke and Haku were marching through the forest. They had no idea where Orochimaru could be, but there were only a few bases left to check.

Well.... bases that they know of.

Haku was doing his usual job of annoying the Uchiha when he became too much of a stick in the mud... like now for example.

"Will you shut up!" Sasuke said.

"I will... when you tell me when I get my invite to your wedding," Haku replied with a smirk.

"Your not getting one at this rate," Sasuke grumbled.

"You can't ban me from your wedding. Who else is going to be your best man, Naruto?" Haku teased.

"I was thinking more Shikamaru." Sasuke replied. He rubbed his eyes and gave a small smirk. "Besides if you're going to be anything at my wedding it would be a bridesmaid,"

Haku blinked before giving a smile. "You act like I wouldn't fit that role. Besides, Hinata would be OK with it," Haku shot back.

"Who said it was Hinata I was marrying?"

"Oh please, who else would it be, Sakura?"

"Oi, don't joke about that. That nutcase needs to stay as far away from us as possible," Sasuke gave a light shiver at the thought of marrying Sakura.... again.