Wins, Ties and Loss

Hey guys! For this Chapter so no one is confused. Good Sakura when she is about is referred to as Sakura. And Bad Sakura is referred to as Inner. Hopefully, it will make sense when you read it.

__________________________________

Sakura wanted to cry. She wanted to give up, to give in to the inky darkness that surrounded her consciousness. It felt like she was being squashed in her own mind like she was trapped in a box that continued to get smaller and smaller. 

She was running out of room to fight, to breathe, to think. It hurts like every thought she gives is another reason the box squeezed tighter. It wasn't this bad before. Before she could breathe, she could fight. 

Now she had no energy to try. She was tired, Oh so tired. the more she gave up, the easier it felt to let go… to never look back. Who would miss her anyway? Her life had already been ruined, been destroyed beyond repair. 

Perhaps it was time she took her own advice and gave up. She had been trapped in her own mind for too long. 

Yes.. this felt right. There was nothing else she could do. She wasn't strong, or brave. She wasn't loved or wanted. She was nothing… so maybe it was time to let go and fall into the nothingness that surrounded her.

Everyone would be fine without her. In fact, she doubted they'd even notice.

There was a small light…

It was miniscule, practically nonexistent. 

To hell with it. She was going to die anyway. She uses the last of her energy to reach forward and grab it.

She heard a voice…

Hinata?

"I saw you as a friend, a Rival an equal! Someone to challenge me when I needed it," 

She did? Sakura… was worthy in Hinata's eyes? She was her Friend? A Rival… she would love to be her friend. She would love to apologize for everything. Oh, what she wouldn't give to go back to the academy days. When she was sound in mind when the only thing she worried about was if Sasuke would look her way.

Oh to be a child again….

"The girl before me is nothing like the Sakura I knew as a child! That Sakura was Brave!"

She was?

"That Sakura kept trying even when she knew all hope was lost!"

She kept trying huh… yeah… yeah she did. She did keep fighting. She had fought against Inner for so long. Was she really willing to give up now? 

"That Sakura would never turn her back on Konoha!"

She didn't want to. Konoha was her home… right… her home. Inner was a threat to her home… to her loved ones, she might not have her friends but her parents still lived there.  Inner wanted destruction and chaos. It was like Inner wanted the world to burn.

Get up

She could do this. She couldn't be the damsel in distress forever. Her home was suffering and whether she liked it or not it was her fault.

Get Up!

She couldn't give up. Not now! Not ever! Not when Inner is trying to destroy the peace for everyone else. Inner was a part of her, so she would stop her!

GET UP!

This was her body! This was her mind! This, was, her, home! To hell with Inner! Hinata was right! When did she stop fighting? When did she start to give up!? This battle between her and Inner is a mental warfare, it always had been!