One Promise Kept

His body ached. It wasn't terrible, and thanks to the Chakra of the Bijuu inside him he had Chakra to spare. That didn't mean he wasn't drained though.

Standing up he looked to Haku. He had finished destroying the base, and had been waiting for him comfortably in a nearby tree. He had watched as Sasuke appeared from nowhere and dropped to the ground.

"The plan?" Haku asked as he walked beside Sasuke. The two were heading off to fight Akatsuki members. That could never be a good thing.

"There isn't one," Sasuke replied.

Haku rolled his eyes at the Uchiha. He missed the days when Hinata would talk some sense into him. "Who are you, Naruto?"

Sasuke huffed in amusement. It's not that he didn't want to make a plan. It's just.... Sasuke wasn't there the last time Kakuzu and Hidan died. Sure he heard about it. Naruto wouldn't shut up about his first Rasengan. But that was to beat Kakuzu... Hidan was a different story.

Sasuke didn't even fully remember what the guy did. Not to mention he only saw part of his Jutsu when he went to save Asuma.  He was essentially going in this fight blind.

"My bests guess... Speed. Speed and bombs," Sasuke replied.

"That's always your guess,"

"We're not dead yet, so it must be working."

The two Ninja kept their pace. They highly doubted the two Akatsuki members where going to be in the same place they left them. Not that it mattered.

Sasuke Marked Hidan when he grabbed his arm.

"You ready?" Haku asked.

Sasuke shook his head. "Give me a day, I need to replenish more of my Chakra." He said taking a seat. "I have the feeling it's going to be a long fight."

Haku nodded and sat beside him. Pulling out his Anbu mask he rubbed it and was reminiscing about the past.

"To think I'd be dead without you...." Haku muttered.

Sasuke opened his eyes and looked to Haku from where he was napping. "Where is this coming from?" Sasuke asked. He was more confused at the sudden need to point that out.

"Just a stray thought. You told me I would have died on that bridge." Haku looked up from his mask and over to Sasuke. "I don't know if I ever thanked you for that,"

Sasuke stared at him in silence. He watched as Haku fiddled with his mask and clothes. Sasuke himself fiddled with the scarf Hinata gave him oh so long ago.

"Hn, don't. Thank me by staying alive..." Sasuke grumbled.

Honestly, this was it. He wasn't sure he'd get a third chance at life and he didn't want to. This one was going well, sure it wasn't perfect but life never is. For his future self, his future life he would do everything he could.

He had made a good friend of Haku. Heck much like Naruto, Haku felt like a brother to him. He doesn't regret a single thing he's done so far. The only thing he regrets is not killing Sakura sooner.

It would come though. It would come soon. He would smile when it did.

They watch the sun set and both decided to replenish their Chakra. The next day they would be off to fight two Akatsuki members. Hidan and Kakuzu.

The immortal duo was their nickname.

More-so because unless someone was actively trying to kill them, the pair can and will live on forever. Hidan, even when he's being actively hunted will still survive.