Team 7 Reunited

Itachi knew what he had to do.

When Sasuke lost himself, from the moment his brother disappeared in a flash, to the moment he saw a Scroll left on the ground, he knew something drastic was about to occur.

With his brother in no state to fight sain, and the rest of team 7 were doing their best against Madara, Itachi knew he would need to gather back up. When his brother filled his mind with information from what happened in his last life, Itachi noticed how the previous Hokage joined the battle.

Should, Sasuke lose because of his current state then perhaps bringing the Hokage back to life is the best way to go. Since Itachi doesn't know how to cast Edo Tensei he would need someone who could.

He picked up the scroll and opened it to reveal a certain curse mark.

Someone like Orochimaru... Now this would be interesting...

Bringing Orochimaru's soul out of the scroll wasn't as difficult as he thought. The snake was also shockingly cooperative. Itachi had just assumed he realised how dire the situation was, but alas it made Itachi trust the snake less.

He stood and watched with careful eyes as the four Hokage appeared before him and the snake sannin. One by one they all gained consciousness.

There was a moment of silence as the Hokage glanced around, as if to acknowledge they were alive again.

"What is this?" Hashirama muttered looking around.

"Sorry, before we go any further," Minato interrupted. He then turned and punched Hiruzen in the face knocking the old man to the floor. "I feel better," he muttered to himself a soft smile rested on his face.

"Minato?!" Hiruzen spoke in shock.

"When I entrusted my son to you, I had hoped you would make it so the village saw him as a hero." Minato spoke and while his smile never left his electric blue eyes glowed in anger. "Not a monster"

"As entertaining as this seems, we don't have time for this. Madara has returned and plans to cast the Infinite Tsukoyomi." Orochimaru cut in.

They really didn't have time for this, and Itachi wasnt about to be the one to get between the Hokage. In fact, said Uchiha was watching silently, as if to analyse them. To see if they were even worth bringing to the battlefield.

"How dire is the situation?" Tobirama asked. He wanted to get straight to the point.

"The ten tails is currently sealed inside my younger brother, but he has just lost his lover..." Itachi began.

"And thus, lost control of it. I see... And Madara?" Hashirama asked.

"Being held back by a large team of Ninja, though Sasuke, my brother, has likely arrived on the battlefield by now." Itachi continued.

"Hmph, so if that Uchiha doesn't have the ten tails already he will soon." Tobirama grunted.

"This is dire indeed," Hiruzen mumbled, he was rubbing his cheek.

"Do you know of Naruto's Location?" Minato asked. Reasonably concerned for his son and the holder of the nine tails.

"He is one of the Ninja fighting Madara," Itachi relayed.

"Then what are we waiting about for?" Tobirama said. "Let's go already."

Not wanting to waste anymore time, the Hokage headed off to the battlefield to join the fight.

*****

Coming back to life was an odd feeling. It was like drowning.... As opposite as that seemed. More specifically, like taking that first gasp of air after almost drowning.