The Peace

Emerald eyes were wide open filled with nothing but fear. Fear for her future, fear for her plan, fear for all of her hard work so far.

What had she just witnessed?

She had watched the fight between Sasuke and Pein. When she saw Pein make a move to kill Hinata a smirk grew on her face. She felt the good in her shrink at the sight. She felt the lighter half die a little, she started to lose hope. It was perfect...

But then Sasuke let out the most gut wrenching, earth shattering shout she had heard since... Well never.

"HINATAAAA!!!"

Even from her spot at the edge of Konoha in the forest even she flinched at the sound. What she witnessed next was the true reason behined her fear.

Sasuke... morphed. Much Like Naruto did when he lost control of The 9 tailed fox. O ly it was a dark Murky grey. 7 tails floated Behined what once was sasuke.

The only reminder of the Uchiha was the wildly spinning Eternal Mangekyo Sharingans in the grotesque creatures eyes. She could sense the Killer Intent from where she was, Heck she would wager that if she was at the border of the land of Fire she'd still feel it.

She'd seen Sasuke's anger before... this made his his previous anger look like a child's grudge. The moment her heart stopped was when those monstrous eyes snapped to hers.

It was brief, and had she been anyone else she would have assumed it was a coincidence.... not her. She knew. No, the good Version knew. This was a warning from the beast inside of Sasuke.

She was next.

There it was again... that Fear.

Her heart skipped a beat... or more. She watched Sasuke tear Pein apart, she watched him create an explosion so large some of the nearby trees crumbled beneath the shake.

What... is he?

She didn't know how to answer that, because she wasn't sure she wanted the answer. Inner had an idea as to what Sasuke was. If she was right.. there was no hope for the future.

"A... Monster..." She whispered. Her hand was shaking subconsciously. As if her natural instinct knew something that she herself did not.

You can't defeat that....

No... no she could not. If that is what she had to face, then perhaps it really was time to reconsider her plan. Even after the blue streaks of Chakra soared across the sky and brought everyone back to life.

Even after Sasuke and Hinata hugged and shared a heart-felt kiss. Sakura was frozen solid in complete and utter... Fear. What could she do, no what should she do.

She really did want her happy ending, she wanted her previous life back, she wanted Sarada and to see her daughter complain about Boruto. She wanted to cheer her little girl on in her Chunin Exams, she wanted Sasuke to come back from a long mission and see her waiting there for him...

.

But she couldn't compete with that. Haku had been healed and was stronger than ever. Itachi was fully healed, and Naruto had hit sage mode. All the other Jinchuriki had access to their Charka Cloaks, and Hinata.... Hinata was far stronger than Inner wanted to give her credit for.

The present was completely different and Inner alone could no longer alter ther future. Not alone at least.

What if you let go of this fantasy?

"Never" She grumbled. She would die first. Inner would never give up on her future. Not after how much effort she had put into making it a reality.

Your future will never be a reality... you know that... right?