Battle of Konoha

Naruto sat and meditated. He was surrounded by the toads as he aimed to achieve sage mode. He was finding it difficult to focus.

Jiraiya's unconscious body was in the hospital, the fact that his chest was barely moving. If Naruto didn't know any better he would have thought his mentor was dead.

He was depressed for a while, locked in a constant state of shock. He barely left the hospital and had it not been for Shikamaru's words of wisdom he would likely still be there.

"What a drag. Sulking won't change anything you know." The Nara announced. He was leaning out the window smoking.

"But what if Pein comes back to finish the job? How can I protect him?" Naruto muttered.

Shikamaru sighed. "What are you asking me for? You know the answer. If your scared about being weak, do something about it."

So that's exactly what Naruto did. He wasn't sure how long he had left till Pein came back. So he had to be quick. Slapping his cheek Naruto gave a determined look and continued training.

****

Kakashi was strolling through the Village. It had been a few weeks since Naruto left to train. He looked up to the sky, a foreboding feeling ran through his body.

Ah right... today was the day he died... Well, he can't have that. Kakashi sighed before he put his book away. He noticed Asuma walk past him, he had been released from the hospital a few days prior.

"Yo Asuma..." Kakashi said.

"Hm?"

"Alert every Ninja to grab a civilian and get out of the city as fast as possible," Kakashi said.

Asuma stared at the man in silence. "What?..."

Kakashi ignored him. "Might wanna be quick about it. We don't have long," Kakashi added.

He didn't worry, not too much at least. This time both Sasuke and Naruto would be here to help. He just had to hope Sasuke wouldn't be late.

His instincts told him to run. So that's what he did. He saw a civilian woman holding her child and lifted her up bridal style.

"Forgive me, but I need to get you out of town," Kakashi said.

As he sprinted to the edge of town he noticed other Ninjas doing the same with other civilians. He even saw Tsunade carrying a carriage filled with civilians.

The second they reached the outskirts of the town...

BOOOOM!

Every Ninja who made it to the edge in time looked at the crater in fear. In one instant... Konoha was gone.

The woman in Kakashi's arms thanked the man continuously for saving her and her child. He nodded and put the woman down.

He swallowed and gave a silent thought. "Naruto, Sasuke... hurry up..."

****

Word spreads fast when you have an Eagle watching over Konoha. As it was, Naruto wasn't the only one getting stronger.

With both of Shisui's eyes, Itachi had them implanted. Fixing his terrible vision and upgrading his Mangekyou to eternal. Sasuke did the same with Itachi's eyes and put his own in a jar and handed them off to his summons to keep safe.

Yes, he was aware that he and Itachi could have just swapped their eyes and be done with it, but Itachi himself had mentioned that he wanted to use Shisui's eyes. Mainly because Shisui was in a way Itachi's older brother, and wanted to see the world through his eyes.