The Calm

What to do. Sasuke sat in the dead of night glaring silently at his hand. He was trying to remember what happened in the fight against Pein.

There was a distinct moment wen he blacked out.

"HINATAAAA!!!"

Sasuke flinched at the sound of his own scream. It's not that he didn't know what happened, the Bijuu had told him already, but he couldn't remember it.

There was also the everlasting anger that he couldn't kill Pein, now dubbed Nagato. Yes they found his real body, and while Sasuke was seconds away from shoving a chidori into the man's chest and ripping out his heart.

Naruto wanted to talk to the guy first. Now Sasuke blatantly ignored the Orange Ninja at first since he was still pissed he let Sakura get away. But he decided to let Naruto have a try and surprise  surprise Nagato had a change of heart.

Sasuke didn't question it though, it was thanks to Naruto that Hinata had come back to life (He was so scared). So while he's not happy that Naruto Pitys Sakura, he can appreciate the boy for his ability to talk things out.

Giving up on trying to remember Sasuke laid back and looked up at the night sky. Now what. Last time, Tsunade got hurt and Danzo took over. This time, while Tsunade still got hurt, Danzo isn't around anymore. So who takes over? Does it go straight to Kakashi this time?

So then Kakashi goes to the Hokage summit. Will Obito still declare war on the Shinobi world? Last time he had 7 out of the 9 tailed beast's he needed. Now he has none. All the Jinchuriki had been able to defend themselves well against the Akatsuki.

So what next? Sasuke has successfully changed everything too much to guess what would happen anymore. Not to mention with his new memories replacing the old ones he couldn't even remember what things were like and try and make an educated guess.

Maybe it was for the better. Even Naruto seemed overall happier than his previous self. But that might also be due to the fact that Sasuke had returned to the leaf much sooner than last time. He also had the distinct feeling that Ino had a huge part to play in his happiness.

That was an educated guess considering the Dobe himself was fast asleep with his head resting on Ino's stomach. Said woman had her hand in the boys hair gently caressing it even in her sleep.

Sasuke was happy for him. Since he'd been feeling awful about wanting to be with Hinata. He loved the Hyuga Princess but he didn't wanna steal her from Naruto if she made him happy, and if he made her happy of course.

Turns out he was worrying for nothing, Naruto had found happiness in Ino, and Sasuke honestly couldn't care less about Sai. He didn't like the guy in the past and while there was no hate, it's not like he cared for him.

Haku seems happier now they were in Konoha again, especially since he has long outlived his old self, and made a permanent friend in Isobu. Sasuke was curious about if he'd find love too, but Haku was very... odd so he had no idea if he was gay or not.

Maybe Haku would end up with Sai? Sasuke visibly cringed at that thought. Never mind.

The point was, Sasuke wasn't sure if the 4th Shinobi war would start at the Hokage summit, or if it would be pushed back due to the lack of tailed beast's on their part.

Not to mention, with Kabuto dead, and Orochimaru dealt with, there was no one to cast edo tensei. So was that it then? Did all this change stop the 4th Shinobi war before it could happen?

Though there was one variable he seemed keen on avoiding.

Sakura.

She seemed to have taken nor only his old role, but Kabuto's also. Was she going to cast Edo Tensei? Did she even know how?