Chapter 3--Prisoner

I wake up slowly to see that I'm locked in a cave with a small entrance. At first, I think it's my cave that I had in the forest but it's not and I know that once I feel the chains. I shirk away and watch as a Voltaris walks in and looks down at me--a different one this time. He tilts his head with an amused expression. 

"You're a pretty one." He says and I stop. why does everyone keep saying that? I wonder. I think of my mother, Sanari, her hair was brown as well and she was a beautiful Ardoni with a kind heart towards me. That's all I remember about her, but I know one thing, I might look something like her. I purse my lips hoping that he won't say anything. He doesn't and instead puts a loaf of bread in the stall with a dull expression.

"Tygren will see you in a bit." He tells me. "For a little punishment since he's not killing you, and I don't know what it is, but I suggest you listen closely to him, princess." 

Then he leaves. I go over to the loaf of bread and grab it. It feels stale but it's the best I can hope for, and I can't go hunting for anything while being a prisoner, so I eat the bread. When I'm almost done with it Tygren walks in with a smug expression, and I stop nudging it away as he gets right up to the bars and grips them.

"I'm sure Lucidious has told you that you are getting a punishment." Tygren tells me and I advert his gaze. He continues to look at me however and looks me up and down. He smiles evilly and starts pacing running his fingers along the bars as he does. "We are attacking Sendaria tomorrow morning as well as the other clans, and your punishment is you're going to watch as we kill everyone in that village keeping no survivors and making their deaths more painful than you being in this prison." Tygren snarls stopping in front of me and tilting his head to see my reaction. He finally goes away from the bars and glances back towards the door.

"Knock her out again then wake her up when we're about to leave!" Tygren calls to someone outside who walks in and opens the cell door going up to me slowly.

"Goodnight, princess." Tygren says then everything goes blurry, and I collapse. 

             I woken up a bit later, much to my distaste and I am pulled out of the cell. A Voltaris chains up my hands and nudges me over to Tygren who is standing near the rest of the Voltaris. I growl as they nudge me forward. I know I couldn't make a run for it even if my hands weren't chained to my back. 

"Might as well get her a collar to." One Voltaris grumbles and Tygren turns towards me smugly as another Voltaris grabs my arms and leads me back a ways. I grin not wanting to be any closer to Tygren then I have to. The Voltaris makes me follow them down the mountain. I close my eyes and time passes by quickly that I can't even feel my feet.

           I watch hopelessly as the Sendaris run away from the village. A Voltaris presses me closer to a fire as I resist not wanting to get burned. The Voltaris grins then goes off and kills one of the Sendaris that almost made it out. I fight against my chains as Tygren kills the oldest of the group and is about to kill a young female Sendaris. I run forward as far as I can and distract Tygren by staring at a Sendaris that is making it out. He runs down to kill him, and I turn to the Sendaris.

"Run!" I tell her and she does so but not before she grabs an iron spear. I pray that she'll make it out as Tygren comes back up slowly. I collapse to the ground feeling terrible for all these people.

"How do you like your punishment?" He asks and I look up at him meeting his gaze with furious eyes. 

"You're a monster." I growl and he smiles.

"Whatever you say." He says when a Voltaris runs up to him.

"Thalleous Sendaris is here this is our chance to get rid of him!" The Voltaris says. "He's already taken out a few Voltaris but we've got him surrounded. Tygren runs after the Voltaris leaving me to watch the fires and see the dead Sendaris scattered around. I watch helplessly as Tygren walks near the edge of the mountainside. I struggle against chains minding the cuts on my legs making it so I couldn't get away. I lean forward as much as my chains will let me.

"Thalleous Sendairs...." Tygren says almost cheerfully. "We meet again."

The only thing I can hear is the fire raging around me like a mad animal and I grit my teeth in pain as one of the fires spreads closer to me.

"I noticed you moved the Prime Songs." Tygren says and I lean forward to hear him more clearly. "I need them."

for what? I think. I only know a bit about Prime Songs from my mother, but she mostly spoke of them to herself grumbling something about moving them and where they were. I listen closer than I did before ignoring all my other senses and focusing on my hearing.

"I have fought against your kind for 200 years, Tygren." A stronger male voice says and now I know that this is Thalleous Sendaris. "Whatever the Voltaris are planning.... I will stop it." 

Tygren seems amused as he moves his iron sword slightly.

"You won't escape this time, old man." Tygren insults then points his sword down. I can't see what's happening, but I can hear the sound of swords clashing and songs being used then Tygren jumps down, and I don't know what happened next. I start to feel queasy and slump down next to the fire. Then my world blacks out.