Chapter 20-- Unexpected Plans

Addy pov.

I sit next to the fire in the tower, shivering but not from the cold. I could have died today. I wrap the blanket closer to me as I sit in front of the fire on the fluffy rug. I hear footsteps and in a moment my father is sitting down next to me. he wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close to him.

"Are you ok?" he asks and keeps looking into the fire along with me.

"Yeah...." I say feeling my throat where the blade was pressed. 

"I will kill him if I see him again." Ingressus assures me. 

"I know." I say leaning my head on his shoulder. 

"Are you scared of something." He asks.

"No..." I say.

"That's a lie." He tells me and I shake slightly causing him to rub my back. "Its ok you can tell me."

"I..." I say and trail off once again. He sighs lightly but doesn't ask anything further.

"Try to get some sleep ok? I'll be back soon." He says and stands up patting me on the back then heading downstairs. I nod shaikily and get up. I head down the stairs to the second level of the tower... the one with the beds and sit down on one of them grabbing a book and flipping through the pages. I check again and see something:

Kaltaris kills a female Voltaris in the woods. Supposedly the Deathsinger's mate! We now celebrate this victory by Nervious Kaltaris and protect him where he resides, Kaltaria!

I feel sick but know I have to tell father about this and run down the stairs my feet pounding on the stone below me. I run outside and towards the meeting room, still holding the magazine. I eventually reach the meeting room and burst in, uninvited. My father turns towards me as I pant in the doorway.

"I thought I told you to get some--" he starts but I charge forward and practically slam the newspaper on the table.

"Read it." I pant and ignore the startled expressions of the Voltaris around us.

"You interrupted this, to make me read a newspaper...?" My father questions.

"Just read it and you'll see." I insist and he sighs but looks towards it.

"It's nothing important, just listen to your father, girl." A male Voltaris-Zinadia snarls. Ingressus' eyes widen once he reads the newspaper headline, and he picks it up. 

"It is not nothing." He snaps at Zinadia who shirks back at his Master's anger. "This newspaper says who killed Sanari and where he is!"

I ease my panting slightly as Ingressus squeezes the paper uncontrollably.

"And he won't be the only person I kill..." Ingressus snarls and now I know, we're going to attack Kaltaria.