Chapter 27--Happiness

"Addy!" A voice calls and wakes me from sleeping. I sit up, surprised that I feel asleep at all. I look over as my father walks into the room. "You ready to come eat?"

"Sure." I say and nearly fall off of the bed due to the fact that my legs feel asleep while I slept. I grip the sheets to stop myself and my father walks over, helping me out of the bed and taking my hand gently before leading me down the spiral staircase. 

"Well, you two are making dinner again but this time I'll be watching and helping you." He says.

"How long was I asleep?" I ask and he shrugs.

"About six hours. It was getting worrying so I just came and woke you up, you probably would have slept until tomorrow." he responds, and I let out a light sigh.

"Don't worry about it, your mother would have slept 24 hours if I let her." he chuckles, and I look over to him curiously. "I guess you get that from her."

"I do? What do you think I get from you?" I ask.

"Your personality." He says lightly and chuckles again. "And your markings color slightly."

He glances back at me then towards my legs where it fades into an orange color after dark red, hot pink, lighter hot pink, orange pink, then orange. I never paid attention to the color, and I look up with a surprised expression. He chuckles then opens the door and walks out. Nervisis walks out with Elaina who looks over to me then Ingressus waves for her to come over to us. She nods and Nervisis nods as well, and she runs over to us then bows to Ingressus who gestures for her to stand once again.

"You will be making dinner again and this time I will help you. Your soup was good so far even though you didn't use the recipe." He says and holds up the wet book shaking it slightly. Elaina looks guiltily and looks down. "You defied and order from me."

She moves her feet slightly, nervously.

"I'm sorry Master Ingressus I won't do it again." She says.

"You're right you won't, now come on so we can go eat." He says and we both nod and walk in a straight line beside him. We head to the eating tower and walk in. The conversation stops as Ingressus walks in and all of the Voltaris stand up and bow. He smiles lightly at his clan and then gestures for them to stop bowing and walks over to a table. We all sit down and me and Elaina make ourselves busy getting our soup. Ingressus watches us carefully to keep us out of trouble. I look over to him then hand him a bowl he hugs me once he takes it and I smile as he lets go. Elaina starts eating the soup then grabs a cup of water drinking it down hurriedly.

"I think we left it in for too long." She tells me blowing her hands towards her mouth. Ingressus watches her with a concerned expression.

"I'm fine, sir." She tells him and he nods. I try the soup then grab some ice and put it in my mouth. Ingressus sits and waits for his soup to cool off as I dump some ice in mine. I try some more soup finding it less hot and finish it soon enough. Ingressus starts on his and once he's done, he squeezes my hand and stands up.

"You two keep out of trouble." He says and we nod. Elaina nods hurriedly and Ingressus walks out of the room. 

"Do you want to play in the water... if your father's ok with it..." She says nervously and I smile sypatheticlly.

"I'm sure it's fine with him." I assure her and we get up walking outside. Elaina walks over to the pond and gets in. She shivers at the cold, and I cannonball in the water splashing her. She cries out and swims back. We swim forward and tackle each other making sure that we can still touch the bottom for safety reasons. We fall in and pop out. I fling my head back making my wet hair go out behind me. I grin at Elaina. She grins back and we see Ingressus walk out of the tower and head towards us. I'm afraid that he's going to tell us that he disapproves of our game as he stops at the edge. We nearly bow in the water, but Elaina climbs out then bows to him. He smiles at her warmly. 

"Addy?" He asks and I bow as well once I get out beside my friend. He smiles at us then gestures for us to stop. "You two need to contain yourselves a bit more."

Elaina shuffles nervously and he laughs.

"Don't be so worried, it's ok." He laughs and smiles at us both.