Chapter 16--training

I duck to the side nearly crashing into a tree as Ingressus lunges at me again. I jump onto a rock then behind him when he isn't expecting it and poke him in the back with my stick. he turns after I poke him to look at my triumphant expression.

"I think that was too easy for you." My father says and I raise an eyebrow at him. "I think we need to take this up a notch with skills." 

he arms himself once more going into a defensive position. I match him and we circle each other waiting for one to make a move. I jump forward dodging as he swipes at me and nearly crashing into one of the spruce trees that line the area. Ingressus runs forward and I fling up my wooden sword, holding him off. I know that this isn't even a third of his actual strength and that he's going easy on me. I dodge to the side rolling under his arm and then pocking him from behind again. 

"Alright." He says tossing his wooden sword to the other hand then going into a fight stance again. "Each time you beat me I'm going to have to go higher in strength and skill on you."

I move into a fight stance as well and to my surprise when I charge Ingressus flips over me and lands behind me. I have to turn around as fast as I can to block his attack and struggle to hold him off.

"What-umph-level is this?" I ask through pants as he presses my wooden sword closer to my face. 

"Just semi-easy." He tells me and grins. I frown knowing I probably won't even make it too medium. I spin causing him to stumble back slightly then dodge to the side as I land down where he was before. I dodge to the side as he swipes then I duck but despite my efforts me manages to bump me on my breastbone. 

"That was pretty good." He said and spins the sword between his fingers.

"I was tired." I object and walk over grabbing my water and drinking it while Ingressus waits.

"That wasn't even bad, you did pretty good but how are you going to fight that much if you always need water?" he asks and I sense that he's a bit worried.

"I wish there was 'unthirsty' potion, I would buy that any day." I say and drink more water from my water bottle. 

"You ready to go again?" He asked putting a hand on his hip.

"Sure." I say and set down my water walking back over. He goes into a defensive stance, and I mirror him.

"So, are we sticking to the same difficulty as last time or are we going down a notch?" I ask and Ingressus continues to circle me.

"Sense you say that you were just tired last round I thought I'd give you a second chance on this level." he says and winks. I roll my eyes then jump towards him. He dodges and spins blocking my attack and I move my sword in front of my chest to block him from poking me. I spin again and smile, watching him. He turns his sword around then jumps towards me going into a roll and then slamming his sword onto mine. I kick him back then poke him in the chest once more.

"And the winner is once again... me." I say panting slightly. My father stretches and smiles lightly.

"But you know that we have to go up a level to hard-easy." he informs me, and I nod adjusting and drinking a bit of my water again before going into a defensive stance. Ingressus mirrors me then runs forward first and I dodge to the side and spin trying to stab him but he Mobliflashes in front of me a ways and crouches down looking up at me.  

"Hey!" I shout pointing at him with my sword. "You said songs were cheating!"

"I am your father and your teacher. Nothing I do is cheating." He says and adjusts. I frown knowing that if he's using songs it's going to be much harder for me to beat him. I swerve to the side as he Mobliports back towards me. I twist as he stabs at me. I activate my Mobilium song and flip over him using my Mobliwings to avoid crashing into a tree and I land back down.

"That's cheating." He warns.

"You did it, father." I say and he smiles warmly then adjusts once again going into a fight stance. I jump towards him, and he knocks me aside and into a small pool of water, running up to it as I burst up gasping for air and coughing.

"Are you ok?" He asks and i nod letting him help me out of the water> i brush the leaves from the water off and ingressus watches me then tosses his sword onto a rock and helps me get the rest of the leaves off.

"I think that's enough sparring for now, let's just walk now." He says and I nod.

"I agree." I say and then let him hug me. I press my forehead into his chest and pant. He hands me my water, letting go and letting me drink it. I hold it once I'm done, I put my water bottle in my backpack and swing it over my shoulder. My father nods then walks forward, and I follow him further into the forest. He goes back then grabs my hand squeezing it but won't meet my gaze when I look at him.

"I'm just happy that I have someone to care about.... and that I didn't lose everyone." He sighs and I smile leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I'm not going anywhere." I whisper and he smiles. 

"You better not." He says and we keep walking further into the forest.