Chapter 39--Nothing lasts forever

Addy p.o.v.

I walk downstairs and see mother making waffles. She looks behind her and smiles at me.

"Where's father?" I ask looking around and she chuckles.

"He was out like a light when we laid down last night, I couldn't wake him up if Hailstone was on fire." She says cheerfully as she sets a plate with waffles down. I look at them curiously. I've never had a waffle before, but I know what their name.

"Sanari!" A male voice accuses, and I turn to see father walking down the stairs with a blanket draped over his shoulders and Voltar and his sword on his back. "I told you to wake me up!"

"I tried." Mother says. "It didn't work."

Father frowns then looks towards me and squeezes my hand then walks over and takes a waffle off of the plate. He bites into it then looks back at her.

"I thought that through all of those years of prison you would not still make good waffles." He says.

"What are waffles?" I ask and father gawks at me as though I just said, 'What is Ardonia?'

"You never gave her waffles after I had to leave for 154 years?!" He demands and I can tell mother is keeping from bursting out laughing. "This is outrageous--"

"She asked you what they were." Mother reminds him and he looks over at me. 

"They're what your mother's making now come have some." He says and I shrug but walk over and take one biting into it. 

"Mm this is good." I say through another mouthful.

"Yes it is." Father says and smiles at mother.

"You're just saying that so you can have another one, and your limit is one." Mother says and slaps father's hand as he reaches for another one. He withdraws his hand with a surprised face. 

"I'm going to go see Elaina." I say and walk outside then walk back inside to see father sitting at the table with another waffle and Mother standing behind him with disapproving face. 

"That was fast." Father comments as I walk over and sit on the table. 

"Get off of the table." Mother commands.

"Oh come on Sanari, it's only 250 years old which is why you should get off of the table." Father says and I get off of the table then head up the stairs to my parents' room. I look around for a moment then grab the Addironium song off of my parents' dresser. I walk back down the stairs and see mother rubbing father's shoulders. they both look at me as I leave and shut the door behind me then activate the song and the magic swirls around me then creates black wings that glow red on the feathers. I gawk at it then fly up and see Elaina and Tygren walking beside each other, talking to each other and blushing. I grin then fly towards the Forest I haven't seen Elise in a bit and I want to.

"It is correct!" Father declares and mother gawks at him.

"You don't say 'because' like 'becausus'!" Mother cries.

"You don't now!" Father says.

"You can just say that because you're the master!" Mother sighs and clenches her fists although i can tell it's still playful arguing.

"You sound very confuzzled!" Father says.

"That isn't a WORD!" Mother shrieks and I look out of the window. I then see blue, yellow, green, and pink and purple lights in the distance.

"Dad, dad, dad, father?" I ask and look at my father who is still distracted talking to mother. "Father, father, Ingressus? Ingressus Voltaris?? Deathsinger!" I finally shriek and he finally turns towards me. 

"I told you not to call me that." he says sternly.

"I saw lights!" I say.

"That's great honey." Mother says.

"No there were blue, pink, purple, green and other colored lights!" I yell.

"And those are?" Father asks with a raised eyebrow.

"The other clans!" I yell and Father immediately grabs Voltar and his sword while mother grabbed her rapiers. I gave them to her as they were hers before and she needs them back. 

"Where were they?" Father asks and I point out of the window, and they rush past me downstairs. I wait for a minute then Elaina walks up the stairs and over to where I am seated beside the window.

"Master Ingressus and Ky'Sanari ran out of there like there was an emergency... what is it?" She asks.

"The other clans." I say and look towards her. "They found us. I think they're going to fight them. Is your relationship with Tygren working out?"

"Oh, Tygren?" Elaina asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"I know you liked him and--" She starts.

"Nah, he was always met for you." I say and try to smile brightly at her but I'm feeling nervous because of the fight happening below. Elaina walks up and sits down beside me as we watch the fight. Mother dodges a male Sendaris' attacks then Father comes up and kills the Sendaris going into a defensive stance. 

"I think that we will have to move because of this." I say still watching.

"Where would we go?" Elaina asks.

"I don't know..." I say "But Father is bound to find somewhere." 

"He has the Tidesinger prisoner." Elaina says.

"I know, I was there when he was captured, father can't seem to decide whether to kill him or not." I say and watch as my breath makes steam clouds on the window. I look towards my friend who looks puzzled and turn back towards the window as father and mother and the rest of the Voltaris finish killing the other Ardoni and come back inside.

"I suppose we will find out." Elaina says.

"I suppose. But the Tidesinger has nothing aginst my father, my father has me and my mother now. He will kill to protect us... that much is clear." I say and trace a sword on the window. Elaina watches then sighs and leaves.