Chapter 34--Troubles

Ingressus p.o.v

I walk to the cell that holds my new prisoner. I think he deserves a little visit from me. I draw my sword as I reach the cell and see him with his head held down and slumped against the wall. He looks up slightly as I walk up to his cell. He shuffles slightly then gets up and stands in front of me.

"Ingressus...." He sighs. 

"How does it feel to be a prisoner?" I ask pressing against the bars and gripping them with one hand while watching him.

"You were too weak to kill me...." He says and I grip my sword tighter, then slip it through the bars and press it to his open chest.

"I could have killed you right when I caught you but now that Addy isn't here, she won't have to see the death I have in store for you." I hiss lowly and he finally meets my gaze.

"Many things have brought you down over the years. Many losses." The Tidesinger says and watches my expression, but I try to remain with my angry expression.

"I have not lost anyone." I hiss.

"But you've lost one of the most important people, Ingressus..." He says.

"Don't call me that." I hiss pressing my sword onto his chest more.

"You lost someone you washed up on the beach along with...." He says,

"Be quiet." I try to urge him as I can feel my anger slipping away slowly.

"Someone we both loved, but you loved her as more than just a friend." He instead says. "Then after the massacre you ran away with her back to the Voltaris and had a child. One that needs you more than anything and you keep neglecting time that you could have with her."

My sword slips and I quickly pull it away from his chest and out of the bars before I drop it.

"You will not push me down by talking about my daughter." I hiss and the Tidesinger moves back to where he was before and sits down.

"Alright then keep neglecting her and see how good of a father you are then." He tells me and I breath in then speed-walk out of the prisons towards Addy's tower.

I eventually reach the walkway that Addy's tower is in and see Vena outside and see Lucidious outside talking to the healer--Vena. I walk up to them,  and they both bow before getting up and waiting for me to speak.

"How is she?" I ask and Vena looks down sadly.

"Poor thing won't stop crying and saying that she was a horrible friend and...." Vena trails off and I look at her for a long time.

"What?" I ask.

"She thinks she's a horrible daughter because you never spend time with her, but whenever we ask her about it, she says that she gets that you're too busy and don't have time for her." Lucidious says nervously and I feel like I just got stabbed in the heart a million times which I never thought I could feel happen with words.

"She said... what?" I manage to choke out. She thinks that she's a horrible daughter? She's the best daughter I could wish for... but how did Achellian know about how she felt? 

"I'll go see her." I say then turn towards the tower door and open it then pause. "You two may leave."

With that I go up the stairs until I reach her room and go in. She wipes away her tears and looks away while trying to dry off her face.

"Lucidous and Vena told me that you feel like you're a horrible daughter...." I say quietly and walk over near her bed. 

"Oh.... You're just too busy--" She starts.

"I never want you to feel that want you to feel that way..." I say and sit down beside her on the bed watching her kick her feet back and forth. "Can you tell me why?"

"Well... you just seem to busy is all." She says,

"That's not all, Addy." I say and pull her closer. She stops kicking her feet and sighs a little.

"And I know you miss mother as well... but you never show it which makes me feel alone in it and I just want you to show that you miss her to, so I don't feel so alone." Addy says and I pause for a moment biting my tongue to keep from crying. "You can stop hiding it from me." 

I feel her wrap her arms around me and I finally just let myself cry and hug her back squeezing her tightly.

"See?" She asks through her tears. "It feels good, doesn't it?"

I laugh through my tears and rub her back.

"Yes, yes it does."