Chapter 12--Healing pt 2

Addy Pov.

I wake up and find Ingressus standing over me with a concerned expression.

"I have never slept that long in my life." He tells me and I sit up, stretching. 

"That's because you never sleep." I tell him.

"I do," He argues. "I just don't tell you or you don't notice."

"Alright, then when was the last time you slept?" I ask and he pauses.

"I don't need to answer that." he says turning away.

"Yes, you do!" I tell him and he glances back at me.

"You're my prisoner." He says.

"Your injured prisoner." I point out and he rolls his eyes.

"I'm going to go ask Vena if there's anything else I can do to heal you." He tells me then heads towards the stairs then he stops. "Don't get into trouble." 

I slump back down and once he's gone; I slowly get out of bed crying out at the pain then quickly covering my mouth before he comes back up. I manage to move towards the window and rest my arms on the ledge by the window. I'm still standing up but looking out at the view. I can see the tents and huts down at the bottom. The mountains that surround us are large and block my veiw of anything else.

"How did you get over there?" I hear a male voice ask and turn to see Ingressus holding a few potions. He sets them down and gives me a glance that tells me to answer his question.

"I limped." I simply respond and he walks up beside me.

"Why?" He asks.

"I just wanted to see something other than the boring view of the celling." I tell him and he sighs as we continue to look out at the view. 

"Come on." He tells me and then picks me up carrying me back over to the bed and setting me down on it. He then walks over and busies himself with putting the potions in cups. I unwrap my wound and check it. It looks awful but not as bad. It's starting to heal over but it still looks bad. I sigh as Ingressus walks over to me and stops in front of me.

"Drink this, and before you ask it's not poisoned." he tells me and rolls his eyes at my offended expression. I take it and cup it in my hands looking at my reflection.

"Drink it fast, I have another one that you need to drink as well." He says and I drink it quickly, it doesn't taste good, it tastes like lemons mixed with dirt and I sputter setting it down on the table and turning over covering my mouth.

"I won't drink the other one." I mumble.

"You have to." He says. 

"No," I say and cover my mouth with the covers and he sighs.

"I guess I'll have to make you." He grumbles and I feel him pull me upright and pry the covers off of my mouth, but I purse my lips to keep from drinking it. Ingressus growls slightly then grips my chin and makes me drink it. I feel it run down my throat and taste the same disgustingness as before. It reminds me of the time when I tripped and fell into the mud, getting some in my mouth.

"It's not that bad." He says and he lets go of my mouth. 

"I'd like to see you drink this." I say and spit out the remains of it trying to get the taste out of my mouth.

"I actually have had to and it's not that bad." He says and I shake my head.

"It tastes like mud and lemons mixed with leaves." I say and he hands me a cup of water. I drink it without hesitation and set it down.

"So.... I assume that you've.... eaten leaves?" He asks and I pause staring at him. He smiles at my expression as I open my mouth and close it, unable to summon words.

"No!" I finally burst out.

"So how do you know what it tastes like?" He asks casually and I turn away before smashing my head into the pillow. He burst out laughing and I turn to see him with his hand on his forehead smiling and laughing.

"I didn't know you could be this happy." I say sitting up and staring at him. He pauses and thinks for a moment.

"I haven't been this happy for a long time." He admits. 

"When was the last time you were happy like this?" I ask interested to know. He glances out at the view then glances back at me. 

"Do you want to go outside?" He asks. I nod quickly and he helps me out of bed. He lets me walk as the potion numbed the pain slightly. He still holds onto my arm, leading me outside. We walk along and he leads me above onto a ledge and over where the sunset is visible. I sit down on a spot where there is no snow and Ingressus sits down beside me still away from me enough that it doesn't feel like we have a connection, except it does. No one but my mother has ever cared enough for me to defend me like that or stay with me when I got injured or help me sleep. He's grown like a father to me. Despite him staying away from me I inch closer to him and watch the sun setting ever so peacefully.