Chapter 11--Healing

*I'd like to thank FutureMango for being my first follower! I appreciate it!*

Addy pov.

I open my eyes to find that I'm on a bed with my hands tightly bandaged up. My head is resting on Ingressus' stomach and he's humming and running his fingers through my hair. I snuggle up close to him and he realizes that I'm awake.

"Don't want to move?" He asks and I shake my head hugging my legs. I feel him smile then run his fingers through my hair once more.

"Keep humming." I grumble.

"I thought I was supposed to be making the orders." He says and I stop afraid for a moment, but he hums regardless, and I stare at my hands, how they're tightly bandaged up and then at my side.

"I always get myself injured." I whisper then stick my nose in the blanket staring out the window as Ingressus stops.

"I'm going to undo your hairstyle." He informs me and I don't protest as he carefully takes out the ribbon setting it beside us and then going back to humming and running his fingers through my hair. I remember my mother for a moment then close my eyes letting myself fall into a memory.

"Addy wait up!" I call running after my daughter then stopping as she reaches for the first branch of a tree. "Addy! You don't know how to climb a tree!"

"I'll learn!" Addy responds hoisting herself up onto the branch. "I always do."

"Alright sweetheart, stay right there." I tell her and then start climbing the tree jumping onto the branch Addy is one and patting her head.

"Can we go higher?" Addy asks. "I want to watch the sunset!"

"Just like your father." I say and Addy looks at me curiously. I remember when Ingressus used to take me to watch the sunset with him, he would always talk about how much he cared about the clan and how as long as I was there everything would be alright. Then I remember when I told him I was expecting... when he told me to go hide and raise our child somewhere else and that they'd find each other.... when they had the chance. Addy snaps me out of my trance by climbing onto the next branch.

"Addy! I told you to wait!" I yell after her.

"And I did, now I'm-umph-going up again." Addy says and I use my Mobilium song to grab her and Mobliport up two branches then another two branches until we're on a branch where we can see the sunset. I pull Addy onto my lap and smile, everything would be fine. 

I feel a tear slip down my cheek then I feel Ingressus gently wipe it off and pause before ignoring it and going back to running his fingers through my hair. I curl up again and then remember the male that mother was with, I didn't see his markings clearly, but I do remember that he had his arm looped around her shoulder, that must have been my father. I sigh and Ingressus lets out a breath before moving the blanket further up on me. I smile and he smiles back.

"I have to get you something." He says and gets out of the bed putting a pillow under my head.

"Not more poison." I complain and he turns back to me halfway to putting Voltar on his back. he turns away and holsters his weapons on his back then heads to the door. He goes out and shuts the door behind him, I hear it lock and remember that he apparently 'doesn't trust me' and I look around. I see a few papers over in the corner and wonder if he would care if I took one. I shrug it off and take one off of the stack grabbing a pencil and then starting to draw me and my mother watching the sunset facing away. I start shading it and draw the tree carefully each leaf is a beauty, I put different things I love in a few leaves then start drawing creatures in the shadows behind us.... things that might want to harm us.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice ask and quickly shove the paper under my pillow franticly looking back at his now suspicious eyes, surprised at my jumpiness. "I don't mind...."

He sets a bowl down beside me as well as some water and looks at me. When I don't pull it out, he slowly folds his arms glaring down at me.

"Is there something you don't want me to, see?" He asks dangerously causing me to shirk away.

"I'm sure it's nothing you'd be interested in." I say nervously looking around but firmly keeping my hand on the pillow. He slowly moves closer to me.

"Oh, but I might, now why don't you be a good girl and show me?" He hisses and I shiver when he says 'good girl' it's like he did when he first caught me. I shake slightly and he holds out his hand. I'm afraid of what Ingressus might say if he sees it but I'm also afraid of what he might do if I don't. 

"Addy," he says warningly. "I'm giving you one chance before I punish you."

"You won't be interested in it!" I yell and I see his patience waning.

"Just give it to me and nothing bad will happen in this room." He hisses and I stop at the threat before slowly pulling out my drawing and handing it to him. He takes it and I turn away slightly covering my head with the blankets.

Ingressus pov.

I notice one thing first when I'm looking at the drawing. She's a pretty good artist but I don't quite understand what she drew. I'm unsure of what the creatures in the dark where doing and I glance up to see that she has covered herself entirely with blankets. I look back at the drawing and see a little girl standing beside another female who as her arm on the girl's shoulders.

"Are you watching a sunset in this?" I ask, it's weird considering the fact that I like to watch sunsets when I have the chance. 

"How do you know it's me?" Addy asks peeking her head out of the covers.

"Because it looks like you and....." I trail off seeing the second Ardoni's markings a bit more clearly. It looks shockingly like Sanari and Addy glances around nervously. "Is this your mother?"

She nods slightly and I shake the thought out of my head. I walk over to my planning table and run my fingers along the map.

"You should eat I brought you food and water." I tell her and turn to see that she's already eating the soup I set down. I'm surprised at her sudden appetite and watch her a bit more as she grabs the water and drinks it then lays down on the bed with her arms out, staring at the ceiling. I sigh then walk over and sit down next to her. I lay down and move her head to my stomach covering her with the blankets. I feel incredibly close to her now, even to the point of her being like a daughter to me. The daughter I never had or had before but died. I feel her snuggle up to me and I run my fingers through her hair again humming with a smile.