Chapter 21--Attack on Kaltaria

My father cuts a Kaltaria across the chest, killing him. I know that he doesn't care who gets in his way he just wants revenge and that's what I'm afraid of. He turns back towards me moving out of his defensive stance and glaring behind me then firing Aggrosphere at a Kaltaris that was running away. This reminds me so much of the attack on Sendaria that I feel sick. Ingressus walks towards me holding out his hand. I take it and he helps me up not letting go of my hand and instead squeezes my hand. I watch the rest of the Voltaris light houses and plants on fire. Ingressus starts walking forward letting go of my hand and I follow him. He runs forward and starts fighting an older male Kaltaris who is quickly killed by him. I shake slightly.

"Addy come on." Ingressus says and I whimper. He walks over and sees that I'm scared and hugs me letting me bury my face in his chest to look away from the scene. "Shh... it's ok..." he says and rubs my back. 

"I think I just need to get some water or something." I say pulling away from him and seeing his worried face. "I won't be gone long."

"Alright, but be quick, find me at the center of this village we'll keep that part unburned." He says and I nod. He watches me as I run through Kaltaria towards the forest glancing back at the fires and my father before rushing in. I run through the trees dodging random branches and running deeper. I don't know why I'm running because none of the Kaltaris would dare to attack me as they might mistake me for my father and run away before they will supposedly get killed. I didn't expect my father to burn down the entire village just one person that lived in it killed mother. I glance back and look forward again.

"Hi!" A female voice chirps and I fall back on the ground sitting up to see my attacker. It's a young female Kaltaris with wheat blond hair that doesn't go past her shoulders. She has leaf green markings, and one of her eyes has a small scratch across it making it dark with a faint green glow to it. her short hair hangs down due to the fact that the only thing keeping her on the branch is her leg. 

"Who are yo--" I start.

"I've never seen an Ardoni with red markings before, I remember father saying something about them being a bad clan though...." She says as she swings up to my face then goes back putting a finger to her chin as if pondering something.

"Where are your parents?" I ask standing up and brushing myself off. "Where they in the village...?" I ask remembering all of the Kaltaris my father killed. 

"Oh no, I killed them." She says with a board face and my jaw drops and I step back. 

"Oh! You're getting the wrong idea! I killed them on accident!" She cries flinging off of the branch and getting closer to me with a somewhat worried expression.

"HOW DO YOU ACCIDENTLY KILL YOUR PARENTS?!" I cry fear sweeping over me.

"I shot them!" She explains but I remain unconvinced and keep backing up until I bonk into a tree. "No, no, no, no, I was learning how to shoot a bow!"

I look at her dully surprised that she hasn't noticed my markings. Surely, she knows who the Deathsinger is, what he has done.

"And you decided to shoot your parents?!" i demand pressing myself into the rough bark of the tree. 

"No!" She says and I shake my head. "I had just started so I decided to try out father's bow and accidently shoot them!"

"Both of them?" I ask digging my fingernails into the tree, trying to keep calm. 

"Oh." I say finally relaxing slightly then I remember father told me to be quick. "I have to go." I say glancing back and moving away from the tree."

"Wait! We haven't introduced ourselves yet." She points out and I shuffle my feet slightly.