Chapter 15--Hailstone

I wake up to find that we're in a camp--A different camp, one that I do not recognize but all of the Voltaris are there, and I sit up abruptly startling my father into almost letting me fall off of his lap but he manages to recover before he can drop me.

"Well, good morning to you to." He says and then squeezes me tighter. "Decided to fall asleep so you wouldn't have to walk?"

"No!" I protest and, I wriggle out of his grip and fall onto the ground with a light 'umph' and sit back up. "I want to explore." I say when suddenly Tygren walks up beside us.

"Master Ingressus, may I have your permission to take Addy on a walk with me?" He asks and Ingressus nods.

"Just watch her carefully." He tells Tygren who glances down at me for my approval. I nod and he helps me up, leading me further into the woods. We're quiet for a moment before Tygren speaks up.

"Why were you willing to come with me?" He asks slowly and I look up at him.

"I just...." I say hating to admit that I enjoy his presence. "Enjoy your company."

I glimpse him blush slightly and I blush as well. 

"I enjoy yours as well...." He admits and I smile slightly. We continue walking when suddenly a twig snaps and we turn around as Tygren draws his sword, knowing that I have no way of defense. I shudder and he turns around slowly. I glance over to see a purple-haired Felina jump out of the tree and shot an arrow at me.

"Addy!" Tygren shouts then knocks me down before it can hit me. He shields me from yet another arrow gritting his teeth from the pain then using a Protisium song to make a shield in front of us. The Felina jumps down and charges towards us. Tygren breaks the shield right as she comes towards us and knocks her back. he uses the Mobilium song to run forward and stab the Felina in the chest. She goes limp, her blue eyes go pale slightly showing that she's dead.

"That's enough of a walk for today." Tygren says looking down at the bloodstained sword. He grabs my hand before I can look any closer at the Felina's body, I feel sick as we walk back at seeing the dead body of another person. We go back to camp and Tygren sits down on a log while I stand over by a tree, leaning against it and slumping down until I'm sitting. I pull my knees to my chest and hug them resting my head on my knees. Ingressus notices Tygren cleaning his sword and me over in the corner by a tree and he gets up walking over to me.

"What happened?" He asks and sits down beside me. I don't respond and continue to hug my legs. He sighs and looks up at darkening sky.

"Come on." He says and helps me up leading me over by a tree and gesturing for me to go up it. I do so and he follows me, sitting down on a good branch and sitting down with his legs crossed pulling me onto his lap and undoing my hair as we watch the sunset. He starts braiding my hair and combs through it with his fingers.

"So how did she die?" Ingressus asks and I lean back into his chest, knowing that he means mother.

"She was killed by an Ardoni Champion." I admit.

"I thought so.... but how did you escape?" He asks and pulls out a ribbon, tying my hair at the bottom of one braid then starting to braid the other side.

"She hid me in a hollow tree and gave me her weapons." I say and he nods.

"And.... how did you fake your markings?" He asks and I pause, he's my father so I decide it's ok to tell him.

"There's a fifth song." I manage to mutter, and he stops.

"A.... fifth?" He asks a bit surprised.

"Yes... mother discovered it a bit after giving birth to me, I remember her telling me about it." I say.