Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Miranda's POV

We sat there in silence for a long time before he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Luna, he took one look at Tauriel and that dwarf and left. When I asked about you, he said that you he had seen you die and couldn't do anything about it."

"What?" I asked. "But I saw him there when Thorin was still on the ice! I thought he saw me."

Thranduil shook his head, "He said he didn't see you there."

"Oh," I replied. There was nothing more I could really say. He had left and he thought I was dead. "Why do people keep thinking I'm dead. It is starting to get really irritating."

Thranduil laughed this time, "Maybe if you didn't put yourself in situations that made people think you were dead then you wouldn't be having this problem."

"You make it sound so easy," I stated sarcastically.

We continued talking until the moon was high in the sky. "Stay the night," he urged. I opened my mouth to respond when he said, "I don't think either of us want to be alone right now."

"Nor should we be," I replied. "But are you sure? I mean – actually, I don't know what I mean."

He smiled at me. I stood up and turned away as he grabbed my wrist. "Stay here."

"But-" I started.

"Stay," I he urged. I must have made a face because he added, "Don't worry, I won't do anything."

Annoyingly enough, he was right, I didn't want to be alone right now. I didn't know what I would do. Actually, I did, but I didn't want to think about it. With that in mind, I let him pull me towards him. He wrapped his arms around me, and we stayed like that until morning.

When I awoke, I found myself under the covers. I snuggled deeper in and just as I was drifting back off a voice startled me awake. "Good morning," Thranduil's voice made me jump. My head hit the headboard. I groaned and rolled around in the bed holding my head. "Careful." He chuckled.

I growled something unintelligible and rolled out of bed.

"Why yes, it is a very good morning," he said smirking at me.

I grumbled.

"What's that? It's too dark in here? Well then, let me help you!" Before I could protest, he had pulled open the curtains and I hissed in pain as the bright rays of the sun seared my eyes.

I squeezed my eyes shut and mumbled, "Close the curtains. Too bright. Going back to bed."

"Oh no you don't," Thranduil said. "This is my room. You wouldn't want people to get the wrong ideas, would you?"

I squinted my eyes and did my best to glare up at him. He smiled cheekily at me and I grumbled as I got up. I rubbed my eyes and with one final glare, exited the room.