Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Miranda's POV

"Will I see you on your way back?" The innkeeper asked from behind the counter.

"Perhaps," I replied, pulling my pack farther over my shoulder.

"Until we meet again then," the innkeeper said with a smile.

I nodded, "Until we meet again."

When I got to the stables, I placed my pack over Rochben's back and placed my toe into the stirrup preparing to mount him.

"Well, that's a familiar horse," a voice from behind me stated.

I spun around coming face-to-face with a white bearded dwarf, "Balin!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms around him. "What are you doing here?"

"I might ask you the same Lass," Balin replied.

"I'm off to visit Bilbo," I replied, smiling as I took off my hood.

"I am collecting dwarves to take back Moria," Balin replied.

I stared at him, "I would not advise this," I replied. "However, if it is what you decide, I cannot stop you. I have spent enough time with dwarves to know this much at least."

Balin cocked his head at me, "Why?"

"I cannot say," I replied, hanging my head.

"If you cannot say, then I cannot convince a council of dwarves," Balin replied.

I sighed; this was true, "I do not wish to see you dead."

"You do not think we can do it?" Balin asked.

"No," I said, his face soured, "I know you can, but they will not stay away for long. Thorin did not heed my warning and fought Azog on his own, I hope that you will heed this warning I give you."

His face relaxed then turned sad, "I cannot let those filthy beasts desecrate our sacred halls."

"I understand," I replied, placing my hand on his shoulder. "Be careful."

"I will. And you." He responded. I nodded, mounting Rochben again. "Wait!" I turned around at his call. "What happened to the egg?"

"I hatched it. She is a real handful let me tell you," I said.

Balin laughed, "What is this handful's name?"

I smiled, "Aysukoriay."

"Blood moon's reflection," He breathed.

I nodded, "She picked it out."

"She's about a year old then?" Balin questioned.

"Some months. She will begin speaking aloud soon. After that, her breath becomes fire." He stared, open-mouthed at me as I rode away.