Chapter 59

Chapter 59

Third POV

Many months after Mirandas fight with Bilbo, preparations for Tauriel and Kili's wedding were well underway.

"I thought I told you that I didn't want too many people coming!" Tauriel lamented, looking down at the guest list.

"Well, I had to invite my mother, brother, and uncle. With them comes my childhood friends, Fili's girlfriend, and a royal escort. I can't just tell them all not to come now!" Kili exclaimed.

Tauriel sighed, putting her head in her arms which rested on a wooden table. "I know, I just feel so overwhelmed."

Kili put his arm around her shoulders and gave her a squeeze, "It'll be just fine."

"But this is the first time in a great many years that Rivendell has hosted so many dwarves. And with the language barrier, I'm worried," She fretted.

Kili kissed her temple, "It'll all turn out alright in the end." He assured her.

Meanwhile, Miranda and Arwen were finalizing décor plans with the maids and floral arrangements with the palace gardeners.

"That's right, white roses, pink roses, yellow roses, baby's breath, birch branches, and ferns for the standing arrangements. White birch branches, white roses, yellow roses, and ferns for the bride's bouquet. There are also five more bouquets I would like for you to make. Everlasting flowers, white chrysanthemums, asphodel, and one dark crimson rose each," Miranda listed.

"But dark crimson roses and white chrysanthemums symbolize death!" One of the maids gasped, a hand covering her mouth in horror.

"I understand your apprehension," Miranda soothed, placing a hand on her shoulder. "But the memories of loved ones must be upheld even during celebrations."

The maid bowed her head, "Yes, Princess. I understand."

"What bouquets will you be needing for bridesmaids?" A gardener asked, holding a clipboard and quill at the ready.

"Ah, yes," Miranda said, looking up as she continued to list. "Pink roses, white roses, and birch branches. Anything that fits the occasion that you feel is necessary to add, you may. Just be mindful of the day, nothing should be too bright.

"Yes, Princess," She said with a bow.

Another maid spoke up asking, "What other decorations would you like?"

"Here is a diagram of what we would like for centerpieces and hall décor. Please accentuate at your descresion," Arwen stated, handing over a piece of paper.

The man checked it over and then nodded, "I will contact you with any inquiries. My Lady. Princess." He bowed, then turned on his heel, and walked out of the hall.

"Alright," Arwen stated, stretching. "What's next?"

"Looks like dress fittings," Miranda responded, looking down at their list of things to do.

"Then we better get a move on or we'll miss supper," Arwen called behind her as she scurried down the now empty hallway.