Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Miranda's POV

"What if we combined some of the names that you like?" I asked after a bit of her saying she liked some names, but something was missing.

"Alright," the dragon hatchling replied.

"So," I began. "You like the names Aku, Aysu, Mishal, Koray, and Aliyn." I thought about it for a bit before continuing, "How about Aysuaylin or Akumichel?"

"Aysuaylin is pretty, but I think it would be really hard for me to pronounce. What would it mean?" The little dragon asked.

"Hmm, reflection of the moon," I responded.

"I don't think it is a good fit for me," She said, shaking her head. "What does Akumichel mean?"

"Well, Aku is moon and Mishal is torch, so I suppose it would be mean 'the moon's torch' or something like that?" I replied. She made a face. "Moving on then," I continued. "How about Asuaku?"

"Moon's moon water?" She asked. "No thank you."

"Korayaylin?" I suggested.

"It's not quite right," She said.

"What about... Aysukoriay?" I said, after thinking for a moment.

I watched her eyes widen in delight. "It feels right. What does it mean?"

"Ember moon's refection but I suppose it could also mean blood moon's refection," I responded, placing a thoughtful finger to my chin.

Her eyes sparkled, "I am Aysukoriay." Then she yawned.

"Are you tired?" I asked, smiling down at her. She nodded and curled up in my lap, quickly falling asleep. I whispered to her, "When you wake, we will go out of this room and meet others."

~*~

True to my word, once she awoke and ate, she left my room for the first time. On the way to dinner, I nearly walked into Nrimir.

"Whoa there!" He exclaimed taking a few steps back. "Why are you in such a hurry?"

"I have someone to introduce to you," I replied, I smiled slyly and Aysukoriay jumped out from behind me. I picked up the little white dragon and said, "Nrimir, meet Aysukoriay."

She opened her mouth, showing a row of sharp teeth beginning to form, and chirped a hello. Nrimir didn't respond right away, but when he did, he was very polite, "Hello Aysukoriay, it is very nice to meet you."

"I like him," She thought to me. "He's nice." I smiled.

"Well, we had better get down to diner. It was nice seeing you!" I called over my shoulder, waving slightly as I walked away.