66. Mikey Way

Dance Dance

They're 17!
Fluff!
2007/2008 Mikey with long hair!

"What's up Gerard?" I asked, answering my phone.
"Hey Y/N/N" Gerard said. "You know how the winter ball is in a couple days?"
"Do you wanna ask me to go with you?"
"No! It's just that Mikey doesn't have anyone to go with and he wanted to ask you but he was too nervous"
"Mikey?" I was confused that the handsome and cute guy didn't have anyone to go with.
"Yep, Michael James Way"
"Sure, I'll go with him"
"Great!"

I have to admit, I had a crush on Mikey a while back.
He's adorably awkward and really talented.
"Hey uh, do you think Mikey would want me to be fancy?" I asked. "Like do I put on a full on suit or?"
"Not too fancy, wear a button up and some jeans. Mikey's a bit more casual than I am, I like to be fancy" Gerard said. "Don't stress"

A couple days later...

"Shit, I need to think about how I should do this" I thought out loud. "I need to be the best version of myself for him"
There was a knock at the door and I went to open it.
"Hi Y/N" Mikey mumbled nervously.
"Hey Mikey"
"We should go"
"Yeah"
He offered his hand for me and I took it, holding it softly.

We walked to the school and went inside.
There was a lot of people and the hall was packed.

We went to sit down and started talking.
During our chat I realized something, the crush didn't go away after all.
And I remember Gerard telling me that Mikey used to have a crush on me too, probably still does.

"Mikey, you've kissed people before, like Pete" I said casually. "And I was thinking about surprising my crush by kissing them"
"Yeah?" Mikey said.
"I have never kissed anyone before, I don't want this to be weird but like can you maybe-"
"Yeah I can show you"
He flashed me a small smile. "Ok so first, you can hold their face like this" he held my face softly. "And then you just close your eyes and"
He kissed me carefully and my lips melted against his, like they know what to do.
"You get it?" He asked.
"Yeah" I sighed. "I guess"
"Do you wanna go dance, just relax a bit before you do it?"
"Yeah let's go"

He took my hand and we went to the dance floor.
He started doing our own little thing and soon the slow music started to play.
Mikey placed his hands on my waist and I rested mine on his shoulders.
"I think I can see my crush" I whispered.
"Where?" He asked curiously.
I hesitated for a moment.
"Right here" and then I kissed him.

I felt his hands pull me closer and I wrapped my arms around his neck.
The kiss was deep and passionate.
Our lips separated and Mikey's other hand took mine, indicating us to dance properly.
We danced in a romantic way and our bodies moved like the dance was made into them.
We ended our little number by me doing a dramatic lean with Mikey's hands supporting me.

As Mikey pulled me up I kissed him again.
"I'd say surprising your crush went pretty well" he chuckled.
"Did it?" I smiled.
"I mean, you're an amazing kisser and a great dancer"
"Would I make a good boyfriend?"
"Yeah"
"Would you want me to be yours?"
"Definitely"