135. Gerard Way

I'm just a man...

Fluff!
Teacher Gerard!

I walked into art class and sat down in the back, ducking my head down.
"Good morning Y/N" Mr. Way smiled.
He greeted me like every other morning.
"Oh, hi.." I mumbled, glancing up at him.
He walked over to my desk and pulled a chair next to me.
"Why do you always come to my class 10 minutes early?" His voice was soft and he placed a hand on my shoulder. "Is everything alright...?"
"Everything's fine, I just like art" I looked away from him.
"Y/N..." he looked worried. "I know you don't like your family, I've seen you come in with bruises"
I looked out of the window. "I'm fine"
"They hurt you, don't they..?"
I twitched and shook my head frantically. "N-no! No."
Mr. Way sighed and looked me in the eye.
"I'm always here for you kid, I've got you"

I shivered slightly and looked down.
"I don't need your help" I said, trying to keep my voice steady.
"To me it sounds like you don't want my help" he said, patting my shoulder.
"I don't need it." I jerked away from him.
He sighed again and ruffled my hair. "You know where to find me kid"
"Don't call me a kid, I'm 19"
"Oh, yeah, you had to stay back a year" he mumbled. "But I'm still older than you!"
"By 6 years!"
He laughed slightly. "Yeah yeah, fine"

The bell rang and Mr. Way went back to his desk as the other students came in.
I ducked my head down again but I could feel him looking at me.
I started doodling in my sketchbook and didn't care about what was happening around me.
Soon a pair of scissors was thrown at me and they hit my arm, leaving a pretty deep cut behind.
"Sh- Y/N are you alright?" Mr. Way looked at me, worried.
"I-I'm fine" I mumbled.
He walked over to me and looked at my arm.
"C'mon, I'm taking you to the nurse" he pulled me up and we left the class room.

"You don't have to do this, you know that right?" I asked, staring at the floor.
"I'm not gonna let you get the same treatment here as you get at home" he said, walking me to the nurse's office.
"This is nothing compared t- never mind"
He sat me down and waited as the nurse patched me up.
Mr. Way thanked her and we left.

"What goes on at yours when you go home?" He asked.
"Nothing" I snapped.
"That's it, you tell your parents that I would like to come to dinner and talk about your art classes" he grabbed my wrist.
"Don't-" I yanked it away from him and he gave me an apologetic look.
"I'll give you my private phone number so you can call me if something is wrong, okay?"

I went home that day and informed my parents that Mr. Way wants to come to dinner today.
The were quite happy that one of my respected teachers wanted to meet them.
I went to my room and messaged him that he could come around 5.
Only 20 minutes until he's here.
I need him here so I won't get yelled at but I don't want to seem weak in front of him.

"KID!!" My mom yelled.
"YEAH?!" I answered.
"PUT ON SOME RESPECTABLE CLOTHES AND GET OVER HERE!!"
"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT!!"
I got a notification: "be there in 5"
"Thank god" I changed into some clean jeans and a button up.

The doorbell rang and I rushed to open the front door.
"Hello Y/N" Mr. Way smiled at me and placed a hand on my shoulder.
His voice turned into a whisper. "Are you okay?"
I nodded and took him to the dining room.
"Ah, you must be Gerard Way" my dad said, shaking his hand.
Mr. Way looked quite disgusted by the fact that he had to touch my dad.
The smile on his face was clearly forced but my parents didn't seem to notice.

We sat down at the table and he sat beside me.
"After we're done eating I'm gonna need to talk to your son in private" He said, glancing at me.
"You can go to his room if it's not a total mess" my mom said, giving me a sharp look.
I pressed my back against the chair and looked down.
"Don't beat him up about it, my art studio is a complete mess all the time" Mr. Way put in, placing a hand on my back. "Creative people live in a mess because it helps our brain work better and we get better at remembering things"
"Whatever, so Gerard, our son says that you're his favorite teacher, how does he act in class?"
"He's very quiet and works very hard to make his artwork perfect. Don't tell anyone but he's my favorite student out of the 100+ I teach" he smiled.