Chapter 18

*ding-dong* The doorbell rang. I had dropped Hope off at Alice's, and was ready for the ball. Grabbing the mask on the table I head for the door.

"Hello." I smile at Matt, as he looks at me his eyes bugged out of his face. It took Matt a couple seconds to form a proper sentence as he looked me up down and up again, but finally when he was able to speak he said, "You look beautiful."

His hand snaking around my back and leading me to his car, his eyes not leaving me, as he continued to look me up down, up down, up down. He even tripped over something in my driveway from not paying attention. He opened the door for me and closed it once I sat down in the passengers seat.

Matt tried to be cool, and slide across the hood, but failed miserably by sliding off the side and landing on his ass. I tried to be polite and act like I didn't see what had happened, but once he sat down in the seat next to me I looked over at him and just laughed. He looked at me embarrassed for a second and then laughed along with me, as he pulled out of the driveway.

-

At the ball, Matt took every opportunity to introduce me to everyone. It seemed to me that he knew just about everyone at this party. I stood by myself outside, Matt had went to get me some champagne, but I have a problem on my hands. I can't get into the house.

One of the side-effects of being a vampire I had to be invited in, so I just stood outside. It wasn't that bad it seemed like most of the party was outside anyways, but I knew Matt was going to try and show me the house at some point tonight. So I needed to find a way to get in the house.

Matt came back with two glasses of champagne. We talked in between sips as Elena came up to us. "I'm so happy you made it, I didn't even recognize you at first." She says with a smile as she gives me another hug.

Note to self, Elena is a hugger.

"This is Damon my boyfriend." She says introducing me to the male companion standing beside her. He had dark hair, and clear blue eyes, sorry Matt but this guy makes you ok in comparison to this sexy god in front of me. Taking his hand in mine as we shake I look down at his hand seeing he has a daylight ring. Vampire I note to my self.

"Nice to meet you." I say to him as he gives me a quizzical look.

"How long have you been in Mystic Falls." he says in a tone that suggested this could be the start of an interrogation.

"Well I have been here for five years, but I have been so busy with work, and my daughter, that I don't really go out." I say, hopefully pulling the kid card will revert any questions of vampirism.

"I feel like I would have seen you before." he mumbles to himself, Elena bumps him in the ribcage with her arm and he changes the subject.

"Ah well that is sweet, have you seen the house?" He says snaking his hand around my back and slightly pushing me towards the door.

"No I haven't, but.." I try to say but he talks over me.

"Oh you have to see it, it is the nicest house in Mystic Falls." He says as he continues to push me towards the door. Inches from the door, I try and slow Damons' push as much as possible but there is no use now I am about to be exposed to everyone.

To my save a man comes into the doorway, and extends his hand to me. "Welcome Shay." He says to me, I definitely smelled wolf on him.

"Hi?" I say wondering if I should know him.

"Oh where are my manners I'm Tyler the guy hosting. This is my place.

"He says eyes shimmering and a cocky look plastered on his face. A smile formed on my lips, Damon had stopped pushing me.