Chapter 9

Chapter 9

1860s

The woman in white with blood red lips is the one you want to be aware of. She feasts on the lust of men, tearing their hearts out as she says her true love did to her. She blames all men for the destruction of her happy ending. Underneath her murderous actions is a broken heart with walls to high to let anyone in.

Another one dead on the bed. Heart torn out and gently placed in the victim's hand. I turned from the scene carefully putting my shoes back on, and wiped the blood from my face. In some twisted way I found this fun. With my humanity switch off I amused myself by the trail of men I left dead. Each death caused by a ripped out heart, and sickly placed in the corpse's hand, as if they themselves ripped their own hearts out. In theory that's what love does.

Looking in a mirror I glid my hand across my long white dress checking for any blood stains. Then rumbling through my purse I pulled out a small pocket mirror and my red lipstick, for a quick touch up. This is just the way I am now, the way Klaus left me.

Standing on a busy sidewalk I debated whether I should go to another bar or call it a day. Mid thought a face caught my attention, someone familiar, but it was just a flash I couldn't recognize them in time. Before I could pull my attention back to reality I felt some one standing behind me. Turning around to find who it was, the face took the air from my lungs  It felt as if someone had strangled windpipe. My words and breath stuck in my throat, this couldn't be real, this couldn't be him.

"So this is what you did in my absence." Klaus said waving his arms around the city of New York. He was oddly dressed like he wasn't from this time period, in apparel  that was much more relaxed.

And thats when I realized this was just a memory from my past and he had some how made his way into it.

"You are not supposed to be here. Get out of my head." I grumble trying to hide my hysteria. Back then if I had seen Klaus I think he would have just turned my humanity switch on again and I would have gone back to him as a week child I once was.

"you are supposed to give me answers, but taking a trip through your memories is not a bad way to find out." He says as he steps closer to me, in unison I take a step back.

"Are you scared of me?" He says trying to be seductive.

"No, I hate you, you did this to me, you made me this way!"

"No love, I am not the one that turned off your humanity switch, that is all you."

"You lead me to this point, you knew how much I loved you and you just threw it away."

At this something like hurt seeped into his eyes.

"I couldnt come with you to New York I had things to do in New Orleans."

"What was so big you had to send me away."

"I didn't want you to get hurt."

"No, you knew I could handle my self what was it." I said, as he looked hesitant for a second, he didn't know what to say.

"How do you expect me to give you answers, when you can't even answer mine." He said in defence.

I was so frustrated at this point, "I don't know what you want from me! I dont know the answer to your question, I don't know why I went back to New Orleans!" I yelled and I admit, it felt so good to get that off my chest.

Klaus looked shocked, then took a step closer to me, he attempted to wrap his arms around me in a hug. I wanted this warm embrace I wanted to sink into his arms to forget my problems and just be with him, but I couldnt. I needed some answers, I can't just let the things he did to me go forgotten. Pushing him off feeling the cold air take the place between us reminding me of how alone I really was, I hardened my walls around my heart and looked into his puppy dog eyes. "Now I want some answers."

"Fine Sarafina, if I tell you this will you forgive me, or at least stop keeping this passive aggression towards me." Klaus says opening his arms to the world, as if he was surrendering.

"I sent you away because you were my weakness. If something happened to you in the new world where I had so many enemies I would never be able to forgive my self. I knew people would manipulate me through you. I thought you were doing better without me, I thought you had forgotten about me, but now I see that by leaving I was the one hurting you the most." He said his eyes never leaving mine, and somehow I knew this man was telling the truth. As he talked I felt the walls around my heart tumble and fall, and my heart beating fast with warmth spreading through my body.

He opened his mouth to finish his answer, but I cut him off, by wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his soft plump lips. Before I could really think about what I was doing he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me as close as I could be to him.