Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I clutched the child as close to me as I possibly could. She was just so beautiful so pure so innocent, my attachment to her grew by the second. Poor girl no longer had a mother and her father was definitely not a suitable father right now. Hope was still sleeping in my arms, I tried to walk fast, but still keep a steady pace so I wouldn't wake her.

It was deathly quiet outside. The sun was just starting to come up over the night sky. The streets were covered in a hazy fog, I could hardly see in front of me. Any human would probably be completely lost, thankfully for my vampire eye sight I could sense some things around me.

I felt Rebekah beside me, we were trying to get the Quarter so we could get a car and get the hell out of this once beautiful city. The dusk before dawn just made everything around me look grey. I was trying to follow Rebekah but we were slowly getting separated. I didnt want to call out to her because I didn't want to wake Hope. One hand wrapped around Hope I put the other hand out in front of me to feel around for where Rebekah was. "Rebekah" I said in a whisper, but no answer.

"Rebekah!" I said a little bit louder. I felt Hope squirm under the blanket she was tightly wrapped in. I tightened my hold on her, holding her as close to me as I could. My hand still searching for Rebekah, waving it around in the air now just trying to see what was in front of me.

Then I touched something, that felt like the cloth on someones back. I gripped it into my hands slightly tugging at it to make me just a little bit closer. "Rebkah, I thought I lost you." I said a smile now on my lips. I let go of the back of her shirt and she turned around.

Unfortunetly for me it was not Rebekah. Glowing yellow eyes were all I could see through the fog, and I knew those were not Rebekahs eyes but in fact a wherewolves. The memory of the pain from Klaus bight came back to me, and made me weak in the knees.

Now the fog started to clear a little more. I could see that this person was a foot taller than me. With dark brown shaggy hair and his yellow eyes pierced down at me. He growled and showed his fangs taking a step closer to me. I could smell fresh blood on him from his recent kill. He stared at me with so much anger that I knew this was not going to be good. I had no way of fighting back with Hope in my arms, the only way out of this was to either run or curl up into a ball.

"Stupid vampires." the werewolf said in a dark gruff voice. He lifted his hand his claws revealed, dripping blood on to me. I curled in on my self trying to protect Hope as much as I could. I waited for his hand to come down on me and just tear at my skin, but it didn't come. I waited just a moment longer, until I heard a small whimper. Looking up nothing was towering over me, infact I saw that the werewolf was gone. The fog had completely cleared, and what was in front of me was Klaus tearing apart the werewolf.

"Klaus." I say in a slightly stern tone. He stops his ripping and looks over at me. He looked different then I had ever seen him before, his eyes were gleaming yellow like a werewolves, and his teeth were much more sharper. He looked so vicious, feral, and wild that I was ready to pee my pant with just a look. Him seeing that I had his child in my arms, his face softened and he came closer to me. His face relaxed the light shining in his eyes slowly went back to their normal color.

Now moving closer to me he stood in front of me. I could smell his traditional spice of cologne under the fresh blood. I just wanted to seep into it, smell him and have him hold me. I didnt want to ever be separated from him again. he picked up Hope from my arms and cradled her in his. It was a drast difference from his killer mode to father.

He held her so carefully his eyes lost just staring at every inch of this new child. A smile formed on his plump lips and I could even see a small tear rolling down his cheek. This was a very different side of Klaus that I had never seen before, and I was falling deeply in love with it.

Looking at him my heart was breaking knowing I was going to have to leave. Us going our separate ways once again. It seemed to me that their was never a version in our love story that we would ever be able to safely be together. I guess that what I get for falling for the most dangerous man alive.

He looked up at me his eyes glistening with tears and placed Hope back in my arms. His hand came up to my cheek and cupped it. Coming in close to me he planted a soft kiss on my lips. My heart starts to beat so rapidly trying to break free from my ribcage to be with Klaus. My breath was hitched in my lungs, and I felt a knot form in my throat a big sob about to make its way to the surface. I tried to swallow it down but this just made it worse.

Klaus opened his lips to talk, his eyes locking with mine. I was lost in his eyes until he started to speak. His accent was one of my favorite things about him. It was sweet, like honey with a hard edge, it reminded me of my favorite drink Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey. maybe thats why I was so parsh to the whiskey.

"Take care of her my love. We can not be together right now, but I will do everything in my power to be together again." He said in a whisper for just me to hear. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, and my vision started to blur with tears. "I don't know how long it will take but I need to fix the damage here, then I will come find you. We will start our own family then." He continued his hand still on my cheek, his thumb rolled over to the skin below my eye to wipe away the tears that were freely rolling down.

He slowly lifted my chin to meet his and gave me another soft kiss on my lips. His soft plump lips on mine, this feeling of him so close made my heart beat in my throat. This feeling I have only had a few times before. My heart pulsed hard as I knew this moment would be short lived.

I wanted this moment to last forever his lips on mine, I deepened the kiss trying to hold on to him knowing that this would be our last kiss for a very, very long time. His soft lips were there one second then gone the next.

Blinking my eyes open, I was alone with Hope in my arms. With my free hand I wiped away my tears took a deep breath, and turned to find Rebekah. Inhale Exhale, I continued to repeat to myself, as I walked down the street with my head was down.

A car was slowly rolling down the street, a nice red audi pulled up right in front of me. The dark tinted windows rolled down to reveal the one I was looking for, "Get in, we are headed to New York!" she said with a smile on her face. I opened the shiny car door and sat in the passengers seat. Buckling up I held Hope to my chest. A nice long car ride to clear my mind was what I needed.

-------------

AN:

This was sad to write, but the next few chapters will be adventures in New York!!

Hope you liked it, thanks for the support!!