Chapter 10 Part 2

"The fuck Klaus! Get out!" I yell at him as I turn away from his grasp upon me. This was not a good idea because instead he just reaches down and grabs my ass. Just as I was about to swat his hand away when a pain filled scream echoed through the halls.

.

In seconds Klaus and I were out of the shower toweled off and clothes thrown on. As we ran out of the room to see who and what the scream was about. As we ran towards the sound I buttoned a borrowed collared shirt up, and stuffed the bottom part into some of Klaus's boxers.

Another scream echoed through the hallways leading us to Haley's room. Complete horror blossomed in our eyes as we stood behind the door.

What could be happening?

Is she ok?

Is she giving birth?

Klaus pushed the door open and what lay in front of us was a complete nightmare. Hayley sat at the foot of her bed with Elijah beside her holding her hand as she breathed heavily, in out, and in again. Rebekah was running around the room grabbing things and mumbling to herself, as she picked up things like towels blankets, and scissors.

"What is going on?" Klaus said his voice booming around the room. Hayley continued to breath hard her chest rising and falling with each intake of air. The room seemed to have a groggy dim light seep through the shut window curtains making the entire situation have a more eerie effect.

'What does it look like, brother Hayley is giving birth." Elijah says slightly panicked as he continues to squeeze Hayley's hand. I guess this is all new to them, because never in the history of vampires had one given birth.

I ran over to Rebekah, "Do you need help with anything." I asked her, as she tends to Hayley. Placing a clean sheet over Hayleys spread legs she looks to me and says "Yes you can help me deliver the baby."

Through all the panic, i think Rebekah was the only one that was seeing this as a miracle rather than a dire situation as everyone else seemed to be making this.

Rebekah used to be a nurse, back in the 1910 or 20's and I myself was a nurse back in the 30's in New York. Together we worked to clear a spot to get this baby out of Hayleys stomach.

.

Hours of screams, cries, and heavy breathing, the baby was still not out. We were starting to grow worried. Hayley was not looking good either. Her usual tan skin grew a chill worthy pale. She had stopped screaming and crying, and just laid back trying to regulate her breathing. Beside her Elijah held her hand and stroked her sweat dampened hair with the other. He looked worried and on the verge of tears as he tried in every way to comfort her.

Klaus was on the other side of Hayley mumbling things to her in her ear as if he was giving her a pep talk to give birth,

"Yes you can do this, Don't give up, Almost there, Push it, Doing great, take a deep breath," but nothing seemed to lift her spirits. She looked as if she was not even in the room with us, but in her own dazed mind just trying her hardest to push this child out of her.

I took her hand in mine and felt for a pulse, to my surprise her beating heart was slow and dull, not a good sign. I used my vampire senses to try and figure out what was wrong. Strangely enough I could smell that she was losing blood, somehow, but there was no open wound.

Thats when it hit me.

The baby was draining her of her blood. There has never been a born vampire and it is their nature to drink blood, so why wouldn't this child be feeding off of Hayley. We needed to get this baby out of Hayley now if we wanted her to survive. I gave Rebekah a look of desperation, and she knew right away that we needed to get the baby out now.

Elijah started to freak out now knowing something was wrong with Hayley. He immediately bit his hand and force feed his blood to her. Hayley's body shook as she coughed up his blood, things were becoming worse by the second.

.

The baby girl was delivered healthy as can be, and placed into Hayleys arms. A faded but happy smile appeared on her face as she held her baby girl.Her eyes sparked us and her hand gently touched her babys face. Unfortunately the moment did not last long, as she layed back down her eyes grew dull and her heart stopped beating.