3

The day after.

"Ughhhhh" I groan as I roll over on the king sized bed of my room. "Can vampires get hangovers?" I questioned. As I rethink the night I count how many drinks I had. 1 with Klaus, 1 after Klaus, 1 when thinking about Klaus, and 1 when I caught myself thinking about Klaus again. So, 4 whiskey neats, I think its safe to say that I am a lightweight vampire.

I rolled around my bed groaning as I grabbed my stomach. I felt nauseous and I could taste the bile in the back of my throat. "Weren't vampires supposed to heal fast, and heal from sicknesses, and broken bones immediately?" Finally deciding to roll out of bed I go to change out of my pajamas and into some comfy clothes. Stumbling through the draws of clothes that Rebekah had left for me, I realize how out of style my previous tastes were now. I was used to bright neon's from the 80s, and now everything in these drawers is neutral colors'. I finally pull out a zipped up black sweater that lazily lay off the side of my shoulder, added dome comfy grey sweatpants for the extra fluff. I rumbled through another drawer and found something I hadn't seen in a long time.

Flashback ----

"How much more training do we have to do?" I asked Niklaus as we practiced fighting in the woods. I was a new vampire in the mid-1800's, Niklaus changed me into a vampire, and he insisted that he made me a strong one. "I will not spend time with a weak vampire, I don't want to continuously save you." Niklaus would say as I complained of the tired muscles from practicing day and night.

We had been practicing all kinds of moves, mixed martial arts he had learned from his travels around the world. How to use compulsion on humans, and he even subdued me to a trial period of resisting Vervain, which is basically poison to any vampire. The trial period did not go so well, as I refused to ingest any more of that burning acid.

"Just try and attack me one more time, love." He said to me with a sexy crooked smile. I planned out my attack taking in my surroundings and made a plan. "Be the element of surprise," I thought to myself

Running towards him, I slid to my left, then right, and ran as fast as I could away from him. When I was out of sight I jumped and hid in a tree.

"Sarafina!" He yelled as he ran after me, "You are supposed to fight me not run away." he shouted looking around for me. I knew he could sniff out where ever I was so I had to act fast. Before he could sense where I was I dropped down landing on top of him into a pile of mud.

"You have soiled my garments." Niklaus laughed, in a carefree manner, that was quite prevalent back then. I put my hands on either side of his face and leaned down to where our noses were almost touching.

"But I won." I breathe in a seductive whisper as I looked deeply into his eyes, his dark blue eyes reflecting back into mine. The moment was short as he swiftly moved to be on top of me, caged under his arms line in the mud underneath him. He looked into me deeply, passionately glancing down at my lips. He slowly moved down and very lightly touched his to mine.

It was slow at first, our lips barely touching each other, sending waves of shivers through my body as his bottom lip glide across mine, he locked his eyes on mine. Having him on top of my teasing me with his lips, not giving me fully what I wanted, was tantalizing. I wanted so badly for him to kiss me deeply and intensely. Him holding back watching me shiver under his embrace, made me squirm even more.

It was as if each kiss was a precious moment within itself, that neither of us wanted to rush. I felt my heart race as his lips parted ways with mine. I took his lower lip into my mouth my teeth holding him in place giving him a soft bite. He responded by pushing his lips hard against mine, pushing my head deeper into the mud. It took the air out of my lungs the aggressive instinct he had to claim me as his own. I responded to this by taking a handful of mud and smashed it into the back of his head.