Chapter 16 Part 1

Part 1

.

5 Years later

.

"Pier!" The head nurse Jacqueline said in a bitter way, she always said my last name as if it was filth on her tongue spitting it out. I put down the clipboard I was filling out and walked over to her, my white Keds slightly squeaking along the hospital tiled floor.

"yes Jackie?"  I asked in a polite tone, why did I not just compel my way into being head nurse, because I originally wanted to earn it on my own, trying to be as human like as possible. Not wanting to raise any suspicion in the neighborhood. With this bitch as the head nurse, I was a wart freeze away from compelling my way to the top.

"Took you long enough." I heard her say under her breath as she looked at her clipboard, her glasses looked as if they were about to slide down the slope of her nose. She could have been pretty if she wasn't so awfully mean. Her grey hair was brushed back into a low bun, and her light blue eyes were always magnified from her glasses. She had to be in her fifties and to me the only reason she didn't retire was because she liked to boss everyone around.

"So room three needs a colonoscopy," She said with a suppressed smirk, as she handed me a plastic stick. My eyes gave a sarcastic role. She just stood in the corner doing nothing telling everyone what to do, and of course she saves the stick up the butt for me.

I snatch the stick out of her hand and turn to walk to room three. "Hold it Pier I did not excuse you." "O my Gosh." I thought annoyed as I spun on my heels to face her once again. "There is someone here I would like you to meet." she said Her hand extending out to the girl next to her. I didn't realize she was standing there until now, I guess I just passed her as a patient, she was in fact wearing street wear instead of scrubs.

The girl had beautiful long brown hair, and a flawless olive complexion. Something tugged at me making me feel like I recognized her but I brushed it off. She looked about my age maybe a year or two younger. "This is Elena Gilbert, she is the new doctor overseeing this area." Jackie said to me as Elena extended her hand. "Nice to meet you Dr. Gilbert." I said with a smile. "Call me Elena." she said as Jackie continued to talk.

"Since this is Dr. Gilberts first day I would like her to follow you around, show her where everything is and how things are run here." She said noticeably ignoring that Elena asked  us to call her by her first name. I nodded accepting my task, I would much rather do this than the colonoscopy. I go to set down the plastic stick, but Jackie grabbed my hand

"After you finish the colonoscopy." She said now with her smirk appearing.

"You are dismissed."  Turning around I wave for Elena to follow.

"Where can I put my stuff?" She asks me as she walks beside me. I smile I remember my first day here I had no idea where everything was and really what I was doing. I led her to the back room. She put her coat and purse in one of the cubbies that occupied the right wall. It was a nice little room. Mint colored walls, cream colored tiles. A light blue couch with a flat screen tv a pretty large fridge and a small table to eat at. I found a pile of extra scrubs in one of the empty cubbies and threw them at Elena. "This place has regulation on the scube you wear. It best just to wear the ones they provide." I tell her as she holds up the bland mint colored scrubs. As Elena put on her new outfit I went to my purse and checked my phone. I had two new text messages.

"Hi Mami." the first one said, they were from my neighbor, Alice. She ran a daycare that Hope often went to when I was scheduled after kindergarten hours. Hope was very smart for her age at 5 she is able to read write, count, and spell most words. I am blown away at how bright she is.

I smiled as I scrolled down to read the next message.

"All is good here, she just wanted to send you a message." Alice texted.

"Thanks my shift ends in three hours be there around then." I texted her back, and put my phone away.

"Ready for a colonoscopy," I asked Elena with a smirk. "Is anyone ever?" she asks me with a laugh, as we walked to room three to stick this plastic stick up a mans ass.

....

I had so much fun writing this chapter, I will be uploading the 2nd part real soon!

Thank you guys so much for the support I really appreciate it.