Chapter 23 P1

Chapter 23

~~Shays POV.

When I came to once again, I was sitting up on a comfy cottage bed. My hands tied to the bed rails, with a sturdy cloth, soft yet holding me in place. I tried to pull my self away from its embrace but I had no energy, with no human blood in my system I felt week, and gave up. I was so tired of being captured and trying to get away. I hated being the damsel in distress and it seemed like that's the role I was playing for the last month. My capture sitting in front of me a mug in his hands and exhaustion painted on his face. He was looking me over with sadness in his eyes.

I blinked my eyes a couple times trying to figure out where we were. The interior looked like a small cottage. Wood paneling covered the walls. The bed room was opened to the whole house, loft style. A fire place to my left with a warm radiating heat rolling from it with every creak and crack from the wood burning in it. I absolutely loved the smell of wood burning it had a rich earthy smell, as well as a warm vanilla hint to it filling the room. I could stare at the fire for hours the amazing flicker of every flame captured my attention and refused to let me look any where else.

I snapped out of the trance when I heard Klaus stand up from his chair. "Where are we? And why?" I say jiggling my hands with the restraints on them.

He looks at me sadness still in eyes, and walks over to the restraints and unties them. "This was just to make sure the traveler inside of you was dead." He said I have never seen this side of Klaus, a solemn looking one.

"Where are we, and why did you bring me here?" I ask him, my wrists in my hands as I massage the red marks from them.

"We need to go over some things." He says sitting back down in his chair, "And we are in a cabin of mine out in the bayou of Louisiana. We had drove from Virginia to Louisiana all in the time that I was passed out.

"Ya we do need to talk about some things." I say rolling my eyes thinking about the kiss we shared when he thought I was Caroline.

He heard the bitterness in my tone and I saw him peek his head up anger replacing his sadness. "Do you know what you did when the traveler took over." He says a savage tone dripping from his words.

"I know some of what happened, but I can't be held accountable for things someone did inside of my body, that I had absolutely no control over." I say sitting cross legged on the bed.

He slowly walks over to me pulling his phone out from his pocket, flipping through it, finally settling on something. "You sent this to me." He says throwing the phone at me disgust ravaging his face. Looking at the phone I saw Stefan and I doing the deed. My eyebrows raised, and made an oh sound my lips permanently frozen in that position. Wow, I don't think I have ever been so scandalous, and where did I learn those moves from. I repeated in my head "Thant's not me, that is not me!"

Looking up from the video I see Klaus closely staring at me examining my expressions. "Wow, she sent you this? Why would she do this?" I ask turning the phone off and putting it to the side.

"Her and I had a fling one thousand years ago. It ended badly and she was very clingy." He says "But that doesn't...." he tries to say.

"Oh so one of the many scorned women from Klaus's past." I say mockingly. "Hmm like Caroline right." I say.

"So I dated a couple of women between the time I broke things off with you and I rekindled our relationship." He says looking at me.

'Ya you sure broke things off with Caroline!" I say putting the parenthesis fingers up around "broke thing off".

"What are you trying to say?" He says leaning closer to me even though he was across the room in another chair.

This is when I clued him in on him kissing me and not Caroline.

"And I couldn't believe that you would kiss her when I was in your arms." I say trying to not get emotional, some tears pooling into my eyes. I quickly blinked and whipped them away so he could see that I was not going to take a "Oh I'm so sorry as an acceptable apology."

"Ok yes that must have looked bad." He says looking down at his hands as he rings his fingers together.

"Ya it was really bad!" I say staring him down.

"Just listen to..." Klaus says but I was so fed up with this.

"No Klaus why don't you listen to me for a change. I have heard the wrath of Klaus but you are in for the wrath of Shay. You cant have everyone. It's not fair. Life is supposed to go you pick one person and you stick with them no matter if it's tough, you keep together and cherish each other. Now I don't know why you would just string me along acting like you cared about me that you were interested in something more with me then go off and be with another girl. If you don't want to be with me then fine. I would rather hear it from you saying you don't see a future with us rather then seeing it with my own eyes you sneaking around with another girl. Do you realize how much that hurts?" My heart was beating fast as I yelled this, but I didn't want to stop.

"You said before you loved me you never wanted to hurt me well guess what you did more then anyone I know could have. The little future you planned with me by asking for my hand in marriage. I call bull shit. You can't go getting people's hopes up with these fake stories of the future we will have together, because guess what they are stories that is it and that is all they will ever be just stories. I'm at the point in my life where I want to either just cut you completely out of my life and go on and live a happy one in my own. But fortunately for me I have grown so close to Hope that I don't want to ever live without her. Unfortunately for you I no longer have those feeling for you."

_____

AN.

Sorry it took me so long to post. 

We are nearing the end guys! I hope you enjoy. If you have time listen to the song I added. Currently loving it and it matched the mood. 

Also when Shay went off on Klaus who can relate? Everything I have wanted to tell some people in my life put on paper!

Love you all Hope yall had a great Valentines day. XO