opening sequence

he ran, ran from the screams, ran from his nightmares, ran from the chains. he ran till his legs could not longer hold him, if his legs couldn't hold him he crawled, gasping for air. he got up and kept running through the forest, not used to the sights in front of him, he tripped and fell again and again but he kept going.

his black hair strands sticking together from the dried blood, his clothes soaked in sweat, his body still shaking from the overwhelming trauma. it didn't matter anymore, he had to get away, keep running. running where exactly?

he didn't know either.

"code red! code red! patient 001 has escaped. initiating full lockdown" the voice echoed through the facility's speakers.

"patient 001, level: highly dangerous, initiating full lockdown" the system repeated.

he hid behind the cold concrete walls praying he won't get caught. praying that the stupid system would shut the fuck up. his hands burning, his back feeling like it's about to snap in half.

"I can hear you...." he heard the psychotic voice calling him back. the sound of the metal electric stick dragging through the floor along with a maniac scream.

"lock every door, search every corner, I want him back and I want him alive. I'm not half done with him" he heard the voice ordering the guards, the cruelty in his tone never fails to bring him shivers. he knew that was his cue to run, he made it this far. he just needs to get out.

with his last powers he booked it before the gate closed.

"GET HIM!!!"

and so he ran till he could no longer hear the steps behind him, taking the blindfold off for the first time since he was a kid. the feeling of the chains of his wrists still lingers even after hours of running, he wondered if the feeling will ever fade away. he felt a burning sensation in his eyes, not used to have then open.

Soon, he realized he reached a small town seemingly in the middle of nowhere. there was a small wooden warehouse. the boy longed for some heat, a shelter, food, water...safety.

surely these things were out of reach for people like him, if there really were other people like him, if he was even considered "people". maybe he was suppose to feel ashamed for even wanting to live, for wanting to survive.

without another thought he entered the strange warehouse. first thing's first, he searched for a sharp object.

he took the piece of glass he found on the corner of the dusty room and braced himself as his hand reached for the bloated spot in his arm. it hurt, it hurt like you would imagine lodging into your raw flesh. but he had no choice. his left hand digging into the cut he did, searching for the metal square planted under his skin. he took the tracking chip out, tearing up from the pain.

he snapped the device in two and when the red glowing dot faded, he allowed himself to exhaled In relief, letting out all the air stuck in his lungs now that he finally felt free. he collapsed on the ground and closed his eyes.

now I really have nothing to lose

.................

Author's note!

Hey to everyone who's reading my "an equation" book.

I have started my second year of college so updates will be slow but I'll try my best.
With that being said I made the very stupid decision to start another book based on an idea I had in my character design course.

Please tell me if you want me to continue this book based on the first chapter.

Also I'm debating whether to make it a tyunning au or a sookai au so if yall have a preference make sure to comment.

Have a great day!💙 stream gbgb and vote for mama!